Raleigh One Way information!

Old June 2nd 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Raleigh One Way information!

I read the Chicago Tribune article about commuter bikes:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...,2298225.story

And the reporter mentions the Raleigh One Way. No mention of this bike on
Raleigh's website, so I called Raleigh and spoke to a nice rep named Perry.
According to him, the One Way is a brand new model, so new it's not on the
website. It sounds like Raleigh is making their own version of the San Jose.
The One Way will have:

Reynolds 525 frame
Single speed
Drop bar
Rack and fender eyelets(fenders included)
Chain guard
700x35 tires

The bike will be in their warehouse in two weeks, and should hit dealer
showrooms soon after. Wow. I just posted about my desire for other makers to
follow Bianchi's lead, and Raleigh already had it in the works. The One Way
will be black, too. Only black. Should list for $600 or so.

Mike

Old June 2nd 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Ken C. M." wrote in message
Gooserider wrote:
[...]

Sounds good. Raleigh still makes a descent bike, in my opinion, but then
again I own one, so I might be a bit biased.

I owned a Raleigh Wyoming touring bike as a teenager. It was lugged Raleigh
555 tubing, I believe. Very comfortable, very durable, and lasted me years
of rough treatment. It even went offroad OK. Good bike, and I'm glad to see
Raleigh is hopping on the "functional bike" bandwagon.

Mike

Old June 2nd 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Gooserider wrote:
I read the Chicago Tribune article about commuter bikes:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...,2298225.story

And the reporter mentions the Raleigh One Way. No mention of this bike on
Raleigh's website, so I called Raleigh and spoke to a nice rep named Perry.
According to him, the One Way is a brand new model, so new it's not on the
website. It sounds like Raleigh is making their own version of the San Jose.
The One Way will have:

Reynolds 525 frame
Single speed
Drop bar
Rack and fender eyelets(fenders included)
Chain guard
700x35 tires

Wow. That sounds perfect for me once I move to my new place and start
to have a real (0.5 km) bike commute to school. Any word if the rear
hub will be flip-flop? Will there be a fixed side? (I hate riding SS
with broken bikes)
\\paul
--
Paul M. Hobson
Georgia Institute of Technology
Old June 2nd 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Paul Hobson" wrote in message
Gooserider wrote:
[...]

I didn't even think to ask about the flip/flop hub. Rear wheels are cheap on
eBay though. :-)

Old June 2nd 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Gooserider wrote:
"Ken C. M." wrote in message

Gooserider wrote:

[...]

Well One of the best comments I have gotten about my Raleigh was a lady
outside the local x-mart (an employee) as I was locking up. She said "I
used to have a Raleigh when I was a kid. I rode it all over the place. I
though it was the best." Now I am not good a guessing age, but I figure
she must have had one of the /classics/ that Raleigh is legendary for. I
have a vision of a 3 speed of some sort.

Ken
--
New cycling jersey: $49
new cycling shorts: $39