The T7 and evil voices

Old July 18th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchickenIV

Default The T7 and evil voices

This is about my T7 handle and a hacksaw. The T7 sits on my 36" Nimbus
and the hacksaw lies in my toolbox. Lately strange voices has entered
my head saying that I should take the hacksaw and start cutting the T7
handle. Not the whole thing, only the little handle at the rear. I
answer them that when walking my Nimbus I find it practical. But the
voices insist. They bring back unhappy memories from incidents when my
baggies got stuck on the handle. Come on, they say, you know you want
to get rid of the thing. It is ridiculous! And don't tell us that it
can be used as a stand because it can't. It is also a lousy place to
tie any luggage because it would get in the way when you mount. This
piece of blue tubing is a joke! It has no place on a serious
unicyclist's vehicle. What are you waiting for? the voices yell. Cut
the silly thing off!

Are those voices evil? Or should I bring out the hacksaw?

--
goldenchickenIV
Old July 18th 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

Well if you don't use it and it just attacks you when you mount why not,
I don't think it will do it any harm.

--
1-wheeled-grape

Scott,

Getting ready for the summer holidays!
Old July 18th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

you could cut the t piece off and leave the rest of the tube intact, it
would leave you with something protecting the seat, something to push
it by, could still mount water or luggage on it.

--
kington99

Dave

Old July 18th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lpounds

I too have heard these voices. Chop that useless extremity. In fact,
do what another RTLer did and drill holes in the front portion as well.
It makes it look like the barrel of an assault rifle.

--
lpounds

'Levi' (http://tinyurl.com/6l5fmr)
'Photos'
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/25192939@N06/)
'Unicycle' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=P7MiIYTE5Yo)
'Juggle'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=7-q-VOaDB7M&feature=related)
'EGG'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=3y-Zwr3-i4k&feature=related)
Old July 18th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniaddict

Well you're crazy and need help As for the voices I don't think
cutting off the back of the handle would really help you that much
unless you constantly get castrated by it or if you are a massive
weight weenie. For me the only time the back part gave me trouble is
from this one time I tried to jump mount my 36 which is pointless
anyway. It shouldn't really get in the way of your mounting unless you
are jump mounting which is stupid like I said before. The back part is
also an awesome pushing handle andmakes it super easy to walk it
compared to any other pushing configuration. The back also has a spot
for an additional water bottle if you are a thirsty drinker and I'm
sure there are some good luggage mounting possibilities with it too.
The pros are way heavier than the cons. Don't do it man!

--
uniaddict

Savin $cash$ by commuting
My arm is all better and I've got an awesome titanium plate and
scar
SixSixOne sponsored me for nothing
Old July 18th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

My little voice says don't wear the baggies.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
Old July 18th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Superfluous. Lose it like a sixth toe.

--
tholub
Old July 18th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

Several people at RTL had chopped off the back bit of the T7 with no
problems.

I think it might be useful if you have luggage attached under it - I
rode 150 miles with a sleeping bag in roughly that position once. You
mount in front of the luggage anyway, so no problems there.

Having said that I tend to try my hardest not to attach any luggage to
the unicycle, it's almost always better on your back (or better still
left at home if you don't really need it).

Joe

--
joemarshall

' old pics' (http://tinyurl.com/56yl2f) 'new zealand pics'
(http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rshall_photos/) 'new
pics' (http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/joemarshall.org.uk)
Old July 18th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

joemarshall wrote:

Having said that I tend to try my hardest not to attach any luggage to
the unicycle, it's almost always better on your back (or better still
left at home if you don't really need it).

I'd love to know your reasoning behind this, I'd have thought getting
some weight mounted on the uni would aid saddle comfort by decreasing
the total load on your arse.

--
kington99

Dave

Old July 18th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
I'd love to know your reasoning behind this, I'd have thought getting
some weight mounted on the uni would aid saddle comfort by decreasing
the total load on your arse.

but then it rattles lose, get caught in the wheel and falls out

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!