How about 32" unicycles? Or 34"?

Old September 23rd 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Default How about 32" unicycles? Or 34"?

Can we move this thread to "Just Masturbation"?

--
tholub
Old September 24th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

tholub wrote:
Can we move this thread to "Just Masturbation"?

Sure! Didn't know it existed

--
munirocks

I am Christian but I ride for myself.
Old September 24th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

If you're not interested that's fine with me, but then why don't you
just shut up and leave this discussion to the ones that are interested
in the subject?

Old September 24th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

munirocks wrote:
If you're not interested that's fine with me, but then why don't you
just shut up and leave this discussion to the ones that are interested
in the subject?

We already did leave it to the ones who are interested--you and you
alone. It's annoying to have you bump it every day.

--
tholub
Old September 24th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

@tholub: Well, it's pretty annoying reading any of your posts so far.
The only reason why I'm bumping this thread that often is to see how
many people would actually want something like a 32" wheel. I am also
still hoping to get some sort of reaction of the potential builders of
that kind of unicycle, just to hear their opinion. You have made it
quite clear that you would not like to see anything like that
happening. Fine with me. I'm terribly sorry to hurt your eyes so much
by bumping this thread once again. But I'm sure you'll get over it.

Old September 24th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

You think annoying people is the best way to get something done? All
right, then.

--
tholub
Old September 24th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iAmVincent

If you want a 32" you're going to have to get it made custom. End of
story.

--
iAmVincent
Old September 26th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

tholub;1101863 wrote:
You think annoying people is the best way to get something done? All
right, then.

I think sharing ideas in a constructive manner is a much better thing
to do. Which is the sole purpose of this thread. Reread your posts to
find out what was annoying me in them, maybe you'll understand my
reactions better then. Comparing this thread to masturbation is not only
an insult but a complete misinterpretation of the situation. Why would I
care to include options into a poll that are clearly not in favor of my
own interest (3 of them are actually opposing my idea of new wheel
sizes) if I just wanted to "masturbate" as you put it? Of course I think
my idea is a good one, otherwise it would be pointless posting it. And
I'm still looking forward to some new ideas of other readers that may
have something (hopefully constructive) to say about it.

iAmVincent;1101905 wrote:
If you want a 32" you're going to have to get it made custom. End of
story.

I won't have it custom made and it's not "end of story" yet. Let's hear
some more opinions first. Unfortunately having it custom made would not
lie within my financial possibilities, I'd rather get a Schlumpf for my
29er then (if I had the money).

Old September 26th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hansc

I refrained from submitting my last reply because I thought it sounded
too harsh, but now I feel I have to share my opinion. Basically, I agree
with tholub and Klaas Bil - bumping is not cool.

If a thread dies, it's a pretty good indication of lack of interest. In
my opinion. Bumping will, most likely, not accomplish anything other
than annoy people; persons like me, who don't like posts without
content.

Regarding 32" and 34" unicycles, I think it is an interesting idea.
However, the current target audience is just too small. Why don't you
try to contact Roger, Kris or Florian directly instead of bumping a
thread on RSU? Personally I think they will tell you the same thing -
there just aren't enough potential buyers.

--
hansc
Old September 27th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

Bump once if it makes you feel better. Bump twice if you just can't
help yourself. If you have to bump a third time you've already pi**ed
off anyone who might have responded positively to the first 2 bumps.

Kurt

--
zogola