Ready for some Coker MUni?

Old September 21st 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

Default Ready for some Coker MUni?

What kind is this? It looks like either a Coker "Big One" or a Nimbus
Titan. Or something else?

--
crazyjoe

*'uniproshop.com'
(http://uniproshop.com)
'MySpace' (http://myspace.com/myspace_joespace)*
Old September 21st 08, 05:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ring.joshua

Sorry to jump into the conversation late, but I noticed you had been
talking about a thought I had today while taking the V2 on a muni
journey...do you think the KH36 is going to be a better muni ride than
the Big One or V2? I am talking straight out of the box- no upgrades.
I would like to hear what everyone has to say!...

--
ring.joshua
Old September 21st 08, 06:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

The KH 36 comes with a better frame, and seat. Popular moment cranks,
some dual hole I think. A 27 mm KH seatpost. The other parts are the
same or very similar to the nimbus, tires, rim, maybe the ISIS hubs are
more or less the same parts.

I was surprised how little markup there was over the 29. I'm hoping
they are available next year for QBP prices. I hope the Shlumph hubs
might come down a little bit by them, but I'm probably dreaming.

--
feel the light
Old September 21st 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

crazyjoe wrote:
What kind is this? It looks like either a Coker "Big One" or a Nimbus
Titan. Or something else?

No it's an older "radial" by udc. It also has one of the last available
"airfoil" rims. Luckily I've had no tires popping off!

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old September 21st 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclist.ca

Terrys radial is the strongest 36er out there because it has 300 layers
of paint on it.

--
unicyclist.ca

http://www.Unicyclist.ca
Old September 21st 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

unicyclist.ca wrote:
Terrys radial is the strongest 36er out there because it has 300 layers
of paint on it.

Haha almost! Only 237 so far. I actually have a "dipping"
reservoir I fill with paint stripper. I dunk each fork in for like 2
minutes, and when I pull it out, the paint is totally gone and it's
down to the bare metal. So much easier than brushing it on and wiping
or hosing it off. Much less mess too!

Old September 22nd 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Enoch

So Terry, you waiting on a KH 36 too? My buddy has 2 old Cokers , I've
been riding one of them and really enjoying it. I was wanting to buy a
36 myself, seems like the best option out there too although it is
expensive.

--
Enoch
Old September 22nd 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Enoch wrote:
So Terry, you waiting on a KH 36 too? My buddy has 2 old Cokers , I've
been riding one of them and really enjoying it. I was wanting to buy a
36 myself, seems like the best option out there too although it is
expensive.

Yeah I'd love to at least try the new KH 36er, but I'll tell ya, since i
switched to the nightrider tire on my regular radial 36er, it's like a
whole new experience! Lighter, more nimble, and corners amazingingly
well. plus I seem to be able to hold high speeds longer and with more
stabilty than with the TA.

Old September 28th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ring.joshua

So, I would like to hear more about V2 vs. KH36. I do moderate offroad
with my V2- you can really feel the weight climbing hills. I have not
had any trouble with the square tapered set-up (yet...), but am thinking
the isis would be a lot better. Is it possible to build this into a V2.
Is the KH36 wheel as strong? Lighter? I leave it to the experts...

--
ring.joshua