An Open Letter to President Bush

Old November 19th 04, 03:06 AM
k.j.papai

"Steven L. Sheffield" wrote in message
On 11/16/2004 08:57 PM, in article
, "Tom Kunich"
wrote:

"Tom Paterson" wrote in message
From: "Chas"

Without all the unfortunate hyperbole, it's pretty much true.
Illegals come here with the knowledge that the burden of proving
they're
illegal rests on us; that they can declare 'refugee status', that a
criminal
charge gets a freebie lawyer, and the process is glacial at best.
The ACLU has a very limited agenda, and their intentions can be very
questionable- depending on what you think they're about.

The ACLU defended Rush Limbaugh.

Getting that asshole off was very questionable IMHO, I'll agree with you
there.

Let me see if I understand you correctly - if the ACLU defends one right
winger it nullifies their actions in 98% of their other cases which are
strictly left wing issues.

Yeah.

The ACLU should be vilified for trying to stop the US Government for
putting
American citizens of Japanese descent into internment camps during World
War
II.

You need to quit re-writing history to suit your POV.
Read what Michelle Malkin says about this.

Guess who sneak-attacked us in 1941?
What DO YOU, elite thinker you certainly are, suggest we should have done?

Lots of Germans and Italians were also interned in the '40s, though not 80%
like the Japanese.

You seem to forget that, rather easily.

-Ken

Old November 19th 04, 03:53 AM
Tom Kunich

"Steven L. Sheffield" wrote in message
On 11/17/2004 08:40 PM, in article
t, "Tom Kunich"
wrote:
In case you're unaware of it, we had broken the Japanese code and knew
what
messages were being passed from Japan to their embassies along the west
coast. They were reporting everything from the ship IDs going in and out
of
every single port on the west coast to reporting the airplane production.
There was a note that they could get volunteers whenever they wanted.

We didn't know who these spies were except that they were Nissei.

That does not justify putting an entire class of citizen into an
internment
camp, and if you think it is, you're a bigger bigot than I thought.

In case you were unaware of it, 2/3rds of that "class of citizen" were in
FACT Japanese citizens and the remaining 1/3rd were their children. ALL
countries generally interne the citizens of an enemy country in time of war.
We interned Italian and German nationals who were living in areas critical
to national defense as well.

Defending anyone further right than Chairman Mao is unusual for the ACLU
and
you know it. Less than 10% of their cases cover any Conservative causes
and
then almost always because they are using the right wing cause to back up
left wing agenda.

Since when is defending the Bill of Rights a left-wing cause?

Since it was used to defend the murder of unborn children, the excuse to
make pronography available to children and to interfere with the parents
rights to raise their children.

The ACLU backs pornographers and hate-speech groups all the time, because
the left is trying to suppress their First Amendment rights to free
speech,
free press, and free expression because it's exploitative (in the case of
pornography) and "hurtful" (in the case of hate-speech).

If you believe that pornography is some sort of clean honest business
perhaps you can get involved with it and find out for yourself.

Old November 20th 04, 05:49 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
"k.j.papai" wrote:

"Steven L. Sheffield" wrote in message

The ACLU should be vilified for trying to stop the US Government for
putting American citizens of Japanese descent into internment camps
during World War II.

You need to quit re-writing history to suit your POV.
Read what Michelle Malkin says about this.

There are two (or more) perspectives on this one. Here's a rather long
but very thorough analysis of M Malkin's book "In Defense of Internment".
The authors (Muller and Robinson) provide a lot of good detail about the
internment.

--
tanx,
Howard

"You ain't having fun until you're dialing 911"
Atomic 7

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Old November 21st 04, 10:40 PM
patch70

Tom Kunich Wrote:
I have a whole lot of guns. Shotguns, rifles, revolvers, automatics -
lots.

I just put that quote through the Google translator and it came out
with:
"Poor little Tom has a very small penis."

--
patch70

Old November 22nd 04, 09:38 PM
gwhite

"Steven L. Sheffield" wrote:

Since when is defending the Bill of Rights a left-wing cause?

LOL. Since never.
Old November 22nd 04, 09:38 PM
gwhite

Old November 23rd 04, 12:35 AM
Tom Kunich

"patch70" wrote in message
news

Tom Kunich Wrote:
I have a whole lot of guns. Shotguns, rifles, revolvers, automatics -
lots.

I just put that quote through the Google translator and it came out
with:
"Poor little Tom has a very small penis."

Gee, I just put that one through the translator and got "Anyone that might
like the craftmanship of gunsor likes to target shoot, or is an investor
that invests in rare guns or is a hunter scares me ****less and I want to
cry myself to sleep."

It's really too bad that you don't have the ability to believe that the
framers of the Constitution knew what they were doing. I suppose you have a
great deal more faith in Chairman Mao than Thomas Jefferson.