NEMBAFest

Old September 6th 07, 08:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Default NEMBAFest

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 6, 12:32 pm, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
wrote:
I don't know if there is anyone on here besides me from New England
anymore, but NEMBAFest is this Saturday! It's looking like a good
time, I'm stoked for it. I'll be part of "team slow & broken" riding
sweep for the Patrol on a beginner ride or two since the knee is just
getting back into biking shape, but it looks to be a blast
regardless. Bikes, demo's, music, fellow MTBers, BBQ... it'd be fun
even if I was still on the crutches! If you're in the area come check
it out.
http://www.mtbadventureseries.org/mt...BAFest2007.htm
Cool. Our Epic Weekend at Buffalo Creek is next week. We are
continuing to build the 29.5 miles of skinny singletrack the USFS has
given us the go ahead for. We'll build a 2.5 mile connector between the
Colorado Trail and a fast ST called Gashouse. This will eliminate the
need to ride a fire road for a connector loop. Then tons of food, many
gallons of NB beer, and my band will play at night. Sunday is a Poker
Run, but I will be on my way back to Joisey one final time to pick up
the family and become permanent Colorado citizens. Yahoo!!! It only
took 1.2 years!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

That should be awesome, have fun!! Congrats on finishing the move
too, I'm jealous. I get the feeling I'd enjoy living out there.

Thanks. Just move out. Sometimes you just have to make that break.
I'll save a spot for you in the hills.

Wrong answer! Once you move to Co the correct answer is "Sorry we're
full!".

Matt (I thought /I/ was going to be the last one!)
Old September 6th 07, 08:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
m...
wrote:
[...]

Did you finally sell your house in Joisey? What are you doing for housing
in Denver?

I just listed my 40 acres on the Mesa. It's just too painful to drive 9 hrs
and know I have to come back to Phx....like I did yesterday, ugh! I had to
run (uh huh...) up to fix a charge controller on my PV system. Seems a
lightning strike took out my phone line, the tracking controller on one PV
panel and one charge controller. The lightning strike was about 25-30 feet
from the white trash home (zapped a dead aspen). Fortunately it didn't'
take out the $4k inverter.......and trying to find parts on a holiday
weekend was not happening. Finally hit paydirt on Tuesday with a store in
GJ.

Hopefully the house in Ridgway will sell first and take some of the load off
but things aren't looking good. I told my wife we should list all the
properties we have (including Phx) and see which sells first to determine
where we end up. A condo is sounding really good right about
now....somebody else can take care of all the maintenance!!!!!!!!!

Gary (oh nice rr on the weekend fun thread

Old September 6th 07, 08:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
troutboy

On Sep 6, 3:07 pm, MattB wrote:
some music it will be more intimate and bluesy or twangy (like you
suggest) then that.

Three Words:

The Station Inn
http://www.stationinn.com/

Just Do It.

I recommend the bluegrass jam (free) on Sunday, never know who will
show. But for $5-$10 you can't go wrong with anyone on this week's
schedule.

TS (who went to school in Bowling Green 45 minutes north).

Old September 6th 07, 08:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Did you finally sell your house in Joisey? What are you doing for
housing in Denver?

Yes! $100,000 less than when it went up. I found a resale just down
the road from the one that was being built. It still gives me three
trails out the driveway, but not as nice a backyard . At least it is
still in Golden and I don't even have to do a thing to it. In fact it
has just about everything I chose for the original house right down to
the hardwood floors. Closing is on 9/21. I am just happy to be getting
out of the apartment and getting the family back together. The swamp
cooler keeps giving me sinus infections even though I closed all the
vents and put in a portable AC.

Sorry I can't post pictures, but i think you understand why. Let's just
say a certain psycho was close enough to use the bathroom.

I just listed my 40 acres on the Mesa. It's just too painful to drive 9
hrs and know I have to come back to Phx....like I did yesterday, ugh! I
had to run (uh huh...) up to fix a charge controller on my PV system.
Seems a lightning strike took out my phone line, the tracking controller
on one PV panel and one charge controller. The lightning strike was
about 25-30 feet from the white trash home (zapped a dead aspen).
Fortunately it didn't' take out the $4k inverter.......and trying to
find parts on a holiday weekend was not happening. Finally hit paydirt
on Tuesday with a store in GJ.

I am actually quite sad for you. That 40 acres is such an incredible
place, even if you can't get there that often. Not everyone gets to
have that much land in such a fantastic area. What are the taxes on it?
Could you get into a Forest Service management program and cover it
that way? I know the equity will be sweet, but I think having a spec of
beauty like that is worth more. I only wish I can buy something like
that in a few years.

Hopefully the house in Ridgway will sell first and take some of the load
off but things aren't looking good. I told my wife we should list all
the properties we have (including Phx) and see which sells first to
determine where we end up. A condo is sounding really good right about
now....somebody else can take care of all the maintenance!!!!!!!!!

Well, good luck but I really hope you get to keep the land in Ridgeway.
As for the condo, wait a few years and you can get one of those Del
Webb chicken coops that are all over PHX.

Gary (oh nice rr on the weekend fun thread

Tnx

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 6th 07, 09:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

troutboy wrote:
On Sep 6, 3:07 pm, MattB wrote:
some music it will be more intimate and bluesy or twangy (like you
suggest) then that.

Three Words:

The Station Inn
http://www.stationinn.com/

Just Do It.

I recommend the bluegrass jam (free) on Sunday, never know who will
show. But for $5-$10 you can't go wrong with anyone on this week's
schedule.

TS (who went to school in Bowling Green 45 minutes north).

That looks like my kind of place. Thanks for the tip!

Matt
Old September 10th 07, 02:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Sep 8, 5:26 pm, Steve Baker wrote:
wrote:
I don't know if there is anyone on here besides me from New England
anymore, but NEMBAFest is this Saturday! It's looking like a good
time, I'm stoked for it. I'll be part of "team slow & broken" riding
sweep for the Patrol on a beginner ride or two since the knee is just
getting back into biking shape, but it looks to be a blast
regardless. Bikes, demo's, music, fellow MTBers, BBQ... it'd be fun
even if I was still on the crutches! If you're in the area come check
it out.

http://www.mtbadventureseries.org/mt...BAFest2007.htm

Yup, I'm in New England, too (RI) but too busy to bike. The story of my
life recently.
Looks like fun - make it so.... :-)

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it. NEMBAFest was a BLAST!!! The
trails were good, though I didn't get to do as much as I'd have liked
due to my knee, being out of shape due to time spent on the injured
roster, and the 100-degree heat. The setup was killer, the park was
great, the trails were sweet, and I got to spend a day with hundreds
of sweaty, happy, like minded mountain bikers. I won't ever miss
another of these.
Demo bikes galore, good music, cool demonstrations, minimal injuries
(and none serious!) to the Patrol tent, good people, good sponsors and
vendors... what a great time. Smar****er provided cold smar****er for
everyone, for free, which is no small undertaking with that many
people when it's 100 degrees out. Jamis Bikes sent out Pro trials
rider Mike Steidley, and he put on 2 sick demonstrations for us. I
could go on and on, but suffice to say it was an excellent time. I
can't wait for next years!!!