Trek Incite ACH Digital Speedometer with Cadence (Rear wheel?/Reviews?)

Old September 11th 07, 09:11 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
markm75

Default Trek Incite ACH Digital Speedometer with Cadence (Rear wheel?/Reviews?)

Has anyone used this speedometer? It is my "idea" speedometer and
price.. it has the altimeter and cadence as well for a decent price, I
think.. All assuming it is rear wheel capable?

Anyone out there used it?
http://penncycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=12878

Thanks

Old September 12th 07, 04:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:11:56 -0700, markm75 wrote:

Has anyone used this speedometer? It is my "idea" speedometer and
price.. it has the altimeter and cadence as well for a decent price, I
think.. All assuming it is rear wheel capable?

Anyone out there used it?
http://penncycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=12878

Thanks

A $180 computer... are you on crack?!?!?
--
Slack
Old September 12th 07, 04:59 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

â–€Slack wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:11:56 -0700, markm75 wrote:

Has anyone used this speedometer? It is my "idea" speedometer and
price.. it has the altimeter and cadence as well for a decent price, I
think.. All assuming it is rear wheel capable?

Anyone out there used it?
http://penncycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=12878

Thanks

A $180 computer... are you on crack?!?!?

No. It's a "computer". That word adds $130 to the price.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 12th 07, 04:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
markm75

On Sep 11, 11:29 pm, Slack wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:11:56 -0700, markm75 wrote:
Has anyone used this speedometer? It is my "idea" speedometer and
price.. it has the altimeter and cadence as well for a decent price, I
think.. All assuming it is rear wheel capable?

Anyone out there used it?
http://penncycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=12878

Thanks

A $180 computer... are you on crack?!?!?
--
Slack

I know of a few who have spent alot more than this.. say $350.. I
thought THEY were nuts

Old September 12th 07, 04:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

markm75 wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:29 pm, Slack wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:11:56 -0700, markm75 wrote:
Has anyone used this speedometer? It is my "idea" speedometer and
price.. it has the altimeter and cadence as well for a decent price, I
think.. All assuming it is rear wheel capable?
Anyone out there used it?
http://penncycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=12878
Thanks

A $180 computer... are you on crack?!?!?
--
Slack

I know of a few who have spent alot more than this.. say $350.. I
thought THEY were nuts

For a garmin GPS that has the heart, cadence, etc, that's fine. I did.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 12th 07, 05:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
markm75 wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:29 pm, Slack wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:11:56 -0700, markm75 wrote:
Has anyone used this speedometer? It is my "idea" speedometer and
price.. it has the altimeter and cadence as well for a decent price, I
think.. All assuming it is rear wheel capable?
Anyone out there used it?
http://penncycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=12878
Thanks
A $180 computer... are you on crack?!?!?
--
Slack

I know of a few who have spent alot more than this.. say $350.. I
thought THEY were nuts

For a garmin GPS that has the heart, cadence, etc, that's fine. I did.

That's the one I'd get too.

Matt
Old September 13th 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike

In article . com, says...
On Sep 11, 11:29 pm, Slack wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:11:56 -0700, markm75 wrote:
Has anyone used this speedometer? It is my "idea" speedometer and
price.. it has the altimeter and cadence as well for a decent price, I
think.. All assuming it is rear wheel capable?

Anyone out there used it?
http://penncycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=12878

Thanks

A $180 computer... are you on crack?!?!?
--
Slack

I know of a few who have spent alot more than this.. say $350.. I
thought THEY were nuts

For that price I would expect GPS and an MP3 player to be integrated into the system.
Mike
Old September 13th 07, 01:40 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:25:39 -0700, Mike
wrote:

In article . com,
says...
On Sep 11, 11:29 pm, Slack wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:11:56 -0700, markm75 wrote:
Has anyone used this speedometer? It is my "idea" speedometer and
price.. it has the altimeter and cadence as well for a decent

price, I
think.. All assuming it is rear wheel capable?

Anyone out there used it?
http://penncycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=12878

Thanks

A $180 computer... are you on crack?!?!?
--
Slack

I know of a few who have spent alot more than this.. say $350.. I
thought THEY were nuts

For that price I would expect GPS and an MP3 player to be integrated
into the system.
Mike

That and hand delivered by her
http://static.zooomr.com/images/801228_c3fbeb111c_o.jpg
--
Slack
Old September 13th 07, 03:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
markm75

On Sep 12, 12:40 pm, MattB wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
markm75 wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:29 pm, Slack wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:11:56 -0700, markm75 wrote:
Has anyone used this speedometer? It is my "idea" speedometer and
price.. it has the altimeter and cadence as well for a decent price, I
think.. All assuming it is rear wheel capable?
Anyone out there used it?
http://penncycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=12878
Thanks
A $180 computer... are you on crack?!?!?
--
Slack

I know of a few who have spent alot more than this.. say $350.. I
thought THEY were nuts

For a garmin GPS that has the heart, cadence, etc, that's fine. I did.

That's the one I'd get too.

Matt- Hide quoted text -

The garmin looks really good.. except.. I want something that will
work inside the house, stationary.. when using a trainer, rear wheel..
as my front wheel unit (inexpensive) is fine now, but when i start
riding inside, a gps wont really cut it.. and for outside use, if i
could find a cheap one with altitude and cadence and HR, well.. thats
a bonus i guess.

I cant remember which unit I was going to get though, that didnt have
altitude and extras..

I think it was either the Cateye Strada CC-RD200 or Cateye Astrale 8
or maybe the CD300DW.. I think it may have simply been the Astrale8..
which is the best of these 3 for the inexpensive (money) (at least
cadence, rear wheel ability).

Old October 16th 07, 05:13 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Sep 13, 10:53 am, markm75 wrote:
On Sep 12, 12:40 pm, MattB wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
markm75 wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:29 pm, Slack wrote:
[...]

cadence, rear wheel ability).- Hide quoted text -

The Garmin 300 series systems DO allow use of a rear mount cadence and
speed sensor apparatus. It is completely compatible with the 300
Forerunner and Edge systems, and comes with the bundle that includes
the heartrate monitor for 399.99. This speed sensor will pick up the
speed info when the stellites are not available (inside, tunnels,
trees, etc.) and of course the cadence info too.

The TREK ACH model that is $180 is the lowest priced computer on the
market that does everything the Garmin does, without the download
utility. Triple digital wireless, with rear wheel speed and cadence
with no crosstalk, altimeter with memory.