banana guard

Old March 12th 05, 11:22 AM
Steve W

Default banana guard

Where can I get one of these other than ordering it off the net? I would
like to find one in a shop preferably in the south east, north Kent area.

Old March 12th 05, 11:39 AM
Velvet

Steve W wrote:
Where can I get one of these other than ordering it off the net? I would
like to find one in a shop preferably in the south east, north Kent area.

See if you can find a lakeland limited shop in your area. They have
such a thing in their catalogue. Google will give you their website
address.

--

Velvet
Old March 12th 05, 11:44 AM
Tony Raven

Steve W wrote:
Where can I get one of these other than ordering it off the net? I would
like to find one in a shop preferably in the south east, north Kent area.

Answers in the BromptonTalk group where you also posted

Tony
Old March 12th 05, 12:21 PM
John Hearns

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:39:22 +0000, Velvet wrote:

See if you can find a lakeland limited shop in your area. They have
such a thing in their catalogue. Google will give you their website
address.

There is a Lakeland in the Bluewater centre.
And just to keep this on topic, there are bike lockers
at Bluewater.

Old March 12th 05, 03:05 PM
Paulmouk

"John Hearns" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:39:22 +0000, Velvet wrote:

See if you can find a lakeland limited shop in your area. They have
such a thing in their catalogue. Google will give you their website
address.

There is a Lakeland in the Bluewater centre.
And just to keep this on topic, there are bike lockers at Bluewater.

Been going there regularly since they opened but have never found an empty
locker (except for the broken one).
Doesn't matter whether I go first thing in the morning, last thing at night
or whenever.

I'm told the regulars (staff?) lock the empty lockers after removing the
bike so that they always have a locker reserved for their personal use.

Mind you, I have only ever tried one lot and I don't even know if there are
others that I haven't found yet.

Every time I go there I intend to contact the management but have never got
round to it.

Paul
(Remove junk to reply)

Old March 12th 05, 07:17 PM
Mark Thompson

I'm told the regulars (staff?) lock the empty lockers after removing
the bike so that they always have a locker reserved for their personal
use.

For regulers read assholes. They're just normal people that lock it so it
becomes their own, personal locker. Get permission and wander along at the
weekend with an angle grinder and free up some empty lockers. They might
even pay you for it.
Old March 12th 05, 08:58 PM
Dr Crock

What is it used for?

Old March 12th 05, 09:04 PM
Tony Raven

Dr Crock wrote:
What is it used for?

Storing inner tubes.

Tony
Old March 12th 05, 09:18 PM
Mark Thompson

What is it used for?

It stops the discarded banana skins of those at the front of the pack from
fouling the mudguards of those behind them. Bit of a niche product as
racers like to keep weight low so don't have 'em, and the tourers/CTC lot
tend to stop at cafes rather than eat on the move.
Old March 12th 05, 09:21 PM
MSA

Dr Crock wrote:
What is it used for?

Guarding your banana.

--
Mark

Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before

Odd interaction with a road rager Ron McKinnon General 412 November 6th 04 06:14 PM
FS: New Banana Seats - - $18.95 Menotomy Marketplace 0 October 5th 04 02:19 PM
0.41 seconds Robert Chung Racing 141 September 26th 04 08:50 PM
Banana peels flyingdutch Australia 62 May 3rd 04 01:00 AM
Hands off my Banana. Simon Mason UK 4 February 25th 04 06:10 PM