Today's news

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 21st 04, 01:03 PM
Richard Goodman

Default Today's news

According to the Metro, private security guards and street wardens are going
to be licenced & empowered to impose £30 fines on pavement cyclists...

http://www.metro.co.uk/metro/standar...4&in_page_id=1

Meanwhile, the Evening Standard has a sob-story piece on more drivers being
jailed than burglars...

http://www.metro.co.uk/metro/standar...4&in_page_id=1

And finally, a colleague has bought a new bike. While not wishing in any
way to deride this noble accomplishment, indeed she has been cycling to work
for a lot longer than I have, I think the description "light weight frame"
may well be a false description under the Trade Descriptions Act! It
doesn't half weigh a lot ;-)

http://www.giant-bicycle.com/uk/030....=78&model=9859

Rich