when do you say stop! (drops)

Old March 20th 04, 01:34 PM
thinuniking

Default when do you say stop! (drops)

I am wondering what people think about drops i used to love them but now
i have stoped at about picnic table hight as I don't want to kill the
hub and cranks in my trials. when do you think that you will stop or
when have you stoped.
Ben

--
thinuniking - muni person.(muddy)

Lifes like a bike when you loose a wheel it's more fun!
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

Old March 20th 04, 01:36 PM
unicycleboy

The onza i have can go up to 6ft without me breaking anything, depends
what unicycle you have... if its ordinary cranks i wouldnt jump down a
curb :S

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Freestyle Expert

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...k/NewSig2.jpg]
ok maybe a bit of a juggler.
www.boateng.unicyclist.com
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

Old March 20th 04, 02:05 PM
Sofa

practice rolling out on impact.

My Suzue/Kooka's were taking 4.5 footers with no problems at all.

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'It really doesn't matter, because in a few years, you will have every
size made' - chirokid's response to 20" or 24"?

'I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I don't apologize' - paco

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx) *88* reviews on
*60* products

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.02

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old March 20th 04, 03:46 PM
chirokid

As you get older, the question will change. It is not, "Will my
unicycyle survive?", but "Will I survive?" --chirokid--

--
chirokid - Bug Killing Unicyclist

"Other than that, the best maintenance is to keep riding it as this
helps to keep the eccentric nut on the saddle in optimal condition."
quote by Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old March 20th 04, 03:53 PM
James_Potter

It depends a lot on the unicycle you have. I've done five footers on my
KH20, but no higher than that because it's scary. :-P
But Kevin McMullin(sp?) has done something like ten foot drops on the
KH, and it appears to be holding up well.

--
James_Potter - ***** ***** *****

-When life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back and watch
the world try to figure out how you did it.-

Old March 20th 04, 04:04 PM
thinuniking

yeah i did not mean because of the nicycle i ment because of you so if i
was not clear.whats your drop quotta i can't do to mant big ones as i
find i get a whip effect if u get me.
ben

Old March 20th 04, 04:17 PM
UniBrier

chirokid wrote:
*As you get older, the question will change. It is not, "Will my
unicycyle survive?", but "Will I survive?" --chirokid-- *

You took the words right out of my mouth.

When I was learning drops I stopped at 18" because I was bending cranks.
Once I got a splined axle I went to 32" (picnic table) pretty quickly.
For now I have a self-imposed limit of 36".

At this point in my life I want to get better, not go bigger.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve De Cuckoo

The Roadrunner or Ground Cuckoo can run at speeds of up to 15 miles per
hour (24 km per hour). It rarely flies and does not migrate. When it is
in danger, it runs or crouches to hide.

The RoadUnier or Cuckoo Cokier can ride at speeds of up to 15 miles per
hour (24 km per hour). It rarely flies and does not migrate. When it is
in danger it UPDs and slides.

UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old March 20th 04, 04:39 PM
James_Potter

Like someone's signature says, it won't hurt if you land it.
I think it's Tugboat's. Anyway, it's true. If you land incorrectly, then
it will hurt a bunch. But it's not too easy to land incorrectly. You
should just land with both feet parallel to the ground, and then roll
out of it.

Old March 20th 04, 05:12 PM
Checkernuts

James_Potter wrote:
*It depends a lot on the unicycle you have. I've done five footers on
my KH20, but no higher than that because it's scary. :-P
But Kevin McMullin(sp?) has done something like ten foot drops on the
KH, and it appears to be holding up well. *

You also havent tried to ride Kevin's uni. The cranks are krunked beyond
belief.

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old March 20th 04, 06:01 PM
tom_edmonds

i get scared of drops over 4' and havent had the bottle to try one yet,
also im really worried about damaging my uni beacause my landings could
be alot smoother, i know that if i damage my hub then i wont be able to
afford to get back into trials for a while

--
tom_edmonds - In need of a MUni

"Trials - limited only by the wallet"
tom_edmonds's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3992