Trips for Kids 15 Annual Bike Swap July 15

Old June 24th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Trips for Kids 15 Annual Bike Swap July 15

TRIPS FOR KIDS 15TH ANNUAL BENEFIT BIKE SWAP AND SALE SCHEDULED JULY 15

Want to participate in a bike swap that will benefit not just yourself
but 5,000 inner city kids around the country? Here’s your chance!! Trips
for Kids 15th Annual Bike Swap & Sale will be held Saturday July 15 at
Mill Valley Middle School, 425 Sycamore Ave., Mill Valley CA.. Swap
hours are 10 a.m. – 4. Admission is $5 – children 15 and under free with
adult. Further information on the Swap, directions, vendors’ spaces,
and Trips for Kids follows. Or you can check out our web site at
http://www.tripsforkids.org

SWAP FEATURES:
The Swap attracts thousands of cyclists and hundreds of vendors each
year and features a huge selection of bikes, bike equipment and clothing
– all at Flea Market prices. There are both vendor’s tables and a
special swapper’s area for those who have 15 items or fewer to sell.
This year’s grand raffle features a Gary Fisher Tarpon Mountain Bike.
Plenty of good food and drink also is available.!!

DIRECTIONS:
If coming from South of Mill Valley take US 101 North. Exit at East
Blithedale. Turn left at top of exit ramp onto East Blithedale. Go to
fourth traffic light and turn left onto Camino Alto. Go 1 block to
Sycamore & find parking.

If coming from North of Mill Valley take US 101 South. Exit at East
Blithedale. Turn right at end of exit ramp onto East Blithedale. Go to
third traffic light and turn left onto Camino Alto. Go 1 block to
Sycamore & find parking.

VENDOR INFORMATION:
There will be plenty of space for vendors. Check in time is 7:30am on
both days. Be sure to bring your own table and chair. Check our website
for more info http://www.tripsforkids.org/events-swapvendor.htm

A Swappers’ area will also be available for smaller sellers (no advanced
reservations taken). If you wish to sell up to 15 items plus up to 4
bikes, you may tend your items for sale in a common area with other
“swappers”. Every swapper must register upon arrival. The daily
registration fee for the swappers area is $25 (plus an additional $10
per bike; up to 4 bikes max; total registration for 4 bikes and 15 items
would be $65). We will also collect 15% of sales (10% of bike sales) at
check out. Sales in the Swappers’ area will be monitored by a Trips for
Kids representative. No advance contract necessary for this category of
"seller". Check in time for this area is 8:30am

If you wish to consign bikes to Trips For Kids to sell for you the fee
is $10 per bike and 20% of the selling price. You must pick up your
bike(s) at the end of the day. Bring your bike(s) in early on swap day
(8:30am). No advance call or contract is necessary.

The space rental fee DOES NOT include any other supplies or parking. You
must supply your own tables, chairs and display fixtures.

WE CAN USE VOLUNTEERS & DONATIONS!
Trips for Kids welcomes your volunteer help and donations. During the
Swap, we need many volunteers to keep the Swap rolling – to sign up go
to http://www.tripsforkids.org/events-swap-signup.htm. Year round we
need volunteers to help on our rides, or in our after school programs
teaching bike repair, environmental education, computer skills and
homework tutoring. Other ways to contribute are through financial
donations or donations of your used bikes, bike equipment and clothing,
which we sell in our Re-Cyclery BikeThrift Shop at 610 Fourth Street.
For further information, call 415/458-2986 or visit
http://www.tripsforkids.org