Cycling Forums

Old September 6th 06, 01:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave A

Default Cycling Forums

OK. Stupid question time.
How do you (can you) access this newsgroup using "cycling.forums.com".
I've looked a couple of times and I have not been able to find it.

Dave.

Old September 6th 06, 02:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

Dave A wrote:
OK. Stupid question time.
How do you (can you) access this newsgroup using "cycling.forums.com".
I've looked a couple of times and I have not been able to find it.

Dave.

cyclingforums.com/f181-aus.bicycle.html

DaveB
Old September 6th 06, 09:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
531Aussie

do you guys all have old IBMs with black screens and green print, linked
via hard wire?

Can't y'all just register and post like us regular internet geeks?

http://www.cyclingforums.com/

--
531Aussie

Old September 6th 06, 10:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Artoi

In article ,
531Aussie wrote:

do you guys all have old IBMs with black screens and green print, linked
via hard wire?

Can't y'all just register and post like us regular internet geeks?

http://www.cyclingforums.com/

Nope, direct usenet clients are far far more efficient for these text
discussions. The same as plain text vs html emails.

Learn how real internet geeks post and stop being wimpy! :P
Old September 6th 06, 10:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
531Aussie

ooops, I obviously didn't delete that in time

I actually can't remember how they let me on here
I might've emailed the boss dude.

--
531Aussie

Old September 6th 06, 10:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2006-09-06, Artoi (aka Bruce)
In article ,
531Aussie wrote:

do you guys all have old IBMs with black screens and green print, linked
via hard wire?

Heh. I do have xterm (and hence slrn) configured to display green on
black. Easy on the eyes. Good for someone who wastes so much time at
teh UNSENET.

Can't y'all just register and post like us regular internet geeks?

http://www.cyclingforums.com/

Nope, direct usenet clients are far far more efficient for these text
discussions. The same as plain text vs html emails.

And you can draw ascii art.

Learn how real internet geeks post and stop being wimpy! :P

Sorry, I can't hear you. I'm busy posting this by flipping an
occulting disk in front of the laser pointer that's pointing down my
gigabit fibre link.

--
TimC
Heisenberg may have been here.
Old September 6th 06, 10:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
dtmeister

531Aussie wrote:

do you guys all have old IBMs with black screens and green print, linked
via hard wire?

Can't y'all just register and post like us regular internet geeks?

Hey, I don't have any problem with people who want to use cyclingforums
as an interface to usenet. But hell will freeze over before I give up a
using dedicated software actually designed to read usenet. Cyclingforums
is like using a comfort bicycle to race a crit.

--
..dt
Old September 6th 06, 10:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Artoi

In article
,

On 2006-09-06, Artoi (aka Bruce)
In article ,
531Aussie wrote:

do you guys all have old IBMs with black screens and green print, linked
via hard wire?

Heh. I do have xterm (and hence slrn) configured to display green on
black. Easy on the eyes. Good for someone who wastes so much time at
teh UNSENET.

Can't y'all just register and post like us regular internet geeks?

http://www.cyclingforums.com/

Nope, direct usenet clients are far far more efficient for these text
discussions. The same as plain text vs html emails.

And you can draw ascii art.

Learn how real internet geeks post and stop being wimpy! :P

Sorry, I can't hear you. I'm busy posting this by flipping an
occulting disk in front of the laser pointer that's pointing down my
gigabit fibre link.

Tim, in your busy gigabit swaps, did you mix up the posters?
Old September 6th 06, 10:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2006-09-06, dtmeister (aka Bruce)
531Aussie wrote:

do you guys all have old IBMs with black screens and green print, linked
via hard wire?

Can't y'all just register and post like us regular internet geeks?

Hey, I don't have any problem with people who want to use cyclingforums
as an interface to usenet.

Well, teensy problems with poor quoting and gratuitous automatic use
of tinyurl.

But hell will freeze over before I give up a
using dedicated software actually designed to read usenet. Cyclingforums
is like using a comfort bicycle to race a crit.

All my other froup denizens are complaining about USENET dying[1].
Seems soon there'll only be news.individual.net, a few universities,
and nothing else.

[1] Here's a graph I produced earlier for rec.humor.oracle.d:
http://rather.puzzling.org/~tconnors/rhod.png
Postings per month, with exponential growth and decay, and an
explosion corresponding to the approximate time I was introduced to
usenet. Seriously, within a month. That's just crazy. It wasn't
just me, though.

--
TimC
Weeks of coding can save you hours of planning. --unknown
Old September 6th 06, 11:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound

On 2006-09-06, Artoi (aka Bruce)
In article ,
531Aussie wrote:

do you guys all have old IBMs with black screens and green print, linked
via hard wire?

Heh. I do have xterm (and hence slrn) configured to display green on
black. Easy on the eyes. Good for someone who wastes so much time at
teh UNSENET.

Can't y'all just register and post like us regular internet geeks?

http://www.cyclingforums.com/

Nope, direct usenet clients are far far more efficient for these text
discussions. The same as plain text vs html emails.

And you can draw ascii art.

Learn how real internet geeks post and stop being wimpy! :P

Sorry, I can't hear you. I'm busy posting this by flipping an
occulting disk in front of the laser pointer that's pointing down my
gigabit fibre link.

By hand? What's your throughput?