stelvio bike

Old August 5th 04, 01:28 AM
warrwych

Default stelvio bike

hippy Wrote:
"warrwych"

There's also a Marin Stelvio, a Pinarello Stelvio, a
Bianchi Stelvio.. a mountain pass "Stelvio", Stelvio
tyres.

Other than that.. I'm at a loss..

hippy

Stelvio is the old L'alpe D'huez it seems hehee - nike makes stelivo
shoes for women, giro has a stelvio helmet....

Had another look at the Stelvio in question - it's not a pinarello,
bianchi, marin (its a definately a road bike ), made from Schwalbe
rubber etc. It has Galli gears on it and made from Reynolds tubing.
From what I can gather, its a locally put together bike from imported
bits - like most bikes I guess, but I suspect it's probably an LBS
custom job of frame plus whatever groupset was affordable and available
and not japanese at the time.

Many thanks for the input guys. Maybe some one out there has one hidden
away or knows someone who... It's a lovely bike, goes like a 20 yr old
racing car - classic. I am trying to talk my buddy into racing it in
Club races but his reaction is hehehe

--
warrwych

Old August 7th 04, 01:48 PM
Steve

If it has some small European flags on the decals that Stelvio I seem to
remember comes from Perth in the mid-eighties.
Steve @ IDEAL