Mag Wheels revisited

Old March 16th 21, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Mag Wheels revisited

Spotted in Beijing yesterday:

https://www.cp24.com/world/china-rep...lled-1.5347267

Look like the OGK Japanese nylon mags of the 1980s.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 17th 21, 05:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 12:14:14 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Spotted in Beijing yesterday:

https://www.cp24.com/world/china-rep...lled-1.5347267

Look like the OGK Japanese nylon mags of the 1980s.

The orange wheels in the photo are Classic Mobike:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobike
The bicycle weighs 25 kilograms (55 lb)
Ugh.

"Mobike Next Generation" (2017)
https://mobike.com/global/blog/post/next-generation-mobike
Not the "Lite & Easy" motto in the first photo.

More photos:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mobike&tbm=isch

The bicycles with the green wheels look much the same as the Classic
Mobike, but with different type and colored wheels. My guess(tm) is
that it's a mutation of the Classic Mobike:
https://www.dezeen.com/2018/08/13/electric-mobike-dockless-share-bike/
using the wheels from the electric version and the rest from the
non-electric version. This is only a guess(tm).

I couldn't find anything on what the wheels are made from.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old March 17th 21, 07:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 22:29:40 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

[...]

Well, there is a difference in the frames and different forks and I
imagine the wheels are a bit different as the Mobike uses a single
fork leg... but the saddle looks about the same :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Happy Wheels at Kingsford - revisited Geoff Lock[_2_] Australia 12 July 6th 11 04:56 PM
C-Record headset & wheels, other Campy wheels, XT/Mavic mtb wheels,Cannondale frame... zip27514 Marketplace 0 July 2nd 08 05:24 AM
What's in the pack, revisited small change Mountain Biking 49 February 23rd 05 06:55 PM
Helmets revisited Jeff A UK 6 December 15th 04 01:44 PM
training wheels for rollers revisited -- front roller placement, steel pipe rollers F1 Techniques 1 November 25th 03 04:46 PM