Not completely sold on wide tires

Old May 24th 21, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Not completely sold on wide tires

On Mon, 24 May 2021 08:06:16 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 23 May 2021 15:13:43 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 23 May 2021 06:57:25 +0700, John B.
wrote:

It's a change in subject but didn't dinosaurs evolve?

Yes, depending on how you define evolve. Humans share some dinosaur
activities:
https://www.google.com/search?q=dinosaur+on+bicycle&tbm=isch

Well, I assume that "evolve" is a verb derived from the word
"evolution" which seems to described as:
evolution ~ noun - a process in which something passes by degrees to a
different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage)

That's a good definition. If dinosaur evolution had not been
interrupted by a falling asteroid, the next evolutionary step would
have been for dinosaurs to be riding eBikes.

Hmm... looks like the archeologists unearthed some prehistoric eBikes
and couldn't figure out what to do with them:
https://www.nps.gov/dino/learn/news/e-bikesallowed.htm
Probably easier to sell them to visitors than to explain where they
came from.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old May 24th 21, 04:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:
It's a change in subject but didn't dinosaurs evolve?

Yes, depending on how you define evolve. Humans share some dinosaur
activities:
https://www.google.com/search?q=dinosaur+on+bicycle&tbm=isch

They are not extinct in Portland. https://miro.medium.com/max/4000/1*q...CtYI5i1gw.jpeg Part of the Ladd's 500 -- 500 laps around a traffic circle in SE Portland. https://medium.com/the-coffeelicious...n-a62131340fa2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvcr...alAixeDjela l

Well, that makes it pretty clear why three Oregon Counties have voted to secede from Oregon in favor of Idaho. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if everything east of the Washington Cascades seceded from western Washington..
Old May 24th 21, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:
It's a change in subject but didn't dinosaurs evolve?
Yes, depending on how you define evolve. Humans share some dinosaur
activities:
https://www.google.com/search?q=dinosaur+on+bicycle&tbm=isch

They are not extinct in Portland. https://miro.medium.com/max/4000/1*q...CtYI5i1gw.jpeg Part of the Ladd's 500 -- 500 laps around a traffic circle in SE Portland. https://medium.com/the-coffeelicious...n-a62131340fa2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvcr...alAixeDjela l

Well, that makes it pretty clear why three Oregon Counties have voted to secede from Oregon in favor of Idaho. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if everything east of the Washington Cascades seceded from western Washington.

None of these cow-counties produce enough tax revenues to cover their expenses. They're being carried by the hard-working, over-taxed folks in Portland. I say let them go to Idaho. Actual savings to me would be $500 year according to studies.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old May 24th 21, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

I'm glad that you don't have any problem with the shrinking of the population of Oregon with the concomitant loss of Representation.
Old May 25th 21, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:
[...]

If cows voted, I'd be concerned. In the five succeeding counties, cows outnumber people more than 10 to 1 -- and all of those counties still comprise only a fraction of the Second District. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon...ional_district

Medford and Ashland certainly aren't succeeding, unless Idaho needs a Shakespeare theater. https://www.oregonlive.com/entertain...lion-gift.html Oprah has a vacation home in Ashland. It would be like Los Altos Hills succeeding from California.

BTW, the Second District congressman is someone I know: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Bentz I've done a lot of work with his firm, but more with his partner Carl Burnham. Before he retired, Carl was like the Lincoln lawyer -- he practiced law from the back seat of a car as he was driven all over Oregon and Idaho. Lots of time to work on files driving through the middle of nowhere. https://www.twodustytravelers.com/ea...gon-road-trip/ Great lawyer. The firm is in Ontario, which is basically a suburb of Nampa or Boise, ID.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old May 25th 21, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
[...]

I'm sure he's a fine man but Oregon doesn't have enough
smartasses in politics. We're overflowing with them:

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...erate-general/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 25th 21, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

I'm guessing, based on my own military career, that if 1 in 1000
Americans knew who Ft. Brag was named after it would be a miracle :-)

Example, I was stationed at Beal AFB, Randolf AFB and Beale AFB, among
others. Can anyone tell me (without looking it up) who those bases
were named after.

On the other hand it did provide a chance for Sen. Dale Kooyenga to
get his name in the newspaper, which one might suppose may have been
the overwhelming rationale for the statement :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 25th 21, 04:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

I made a mistake with the names of AF bases, above, I meant to write
Barksdale, Randolf and Beale. And worse I spelled Randolf incorrectly
it should have been Randolph :-(
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 25th 21, 01:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
[...]

Well, it's a mixed bag like most human efforts. Bong AFB
and OHare Field come readily to mind as very good and
positive remembrances.