Garmin bit the dust

Old May 26th 21, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark cleary

Default Garmin bit the dust

I have used a Garmin 920xt for at least 5 years and love it. I have the quick release band and can go from bike to run easy. It mounts on bike like a regular garmin edge. It has served me well and deadly accurate.

I notice it would not pick up my heart rate the next morning when booted up.. It did find satellites and track fine. Then I go to upload to garmin connect and would not fine ant+ stick on computer. It did not find my cadence sensor or speed sensor. The only way this uploads is by ant+ not wire.

Finally got through the garmin support and appears the ant+ function is shot. I remember dropping the watch on hard tile floor the night before that probably did it. No way to fix this or anyone who can from what I see. ]

I ordered a new Garmin 935 should be in on Friday. I just wish there was a way to use this as such but uploading is important to keep and have. Darn these technical bike accessories are a pain. I could still use it as a dedicate speedometer and to get distant but wont.

Anyone has issues with their garmin like this and wonder what I can sell the 910xt for to recover something. Maybe $50 plus shipping?
Deacon mark