Where to find: Rigid mountain fork w/disk mounts.. NOT suspension corrected.

Old November 11th 04, 07:01 AM
Mike Beauchamp

Default Where to find: Rigid mountain fork w/disk mounts.. NOT suspension corrected.

Anyone know where I should look for a rigid mountain bike fork that has disk
mounts and is not suspension corrected?
The reason I don't want it suspension corrected is that I wouldn't mind
dropping the front end by 80cm anyways, at least.. it sounds logical to me.
I think tightening up the geometry of the bike is a good thing, especially
for making it into a commuter bike (hence getting rid of the suspension
fork). Oh yeah.. threadless 1 1/8"

It'll increase the head and seat tube angles by 1.4 degrees or so, if my
geometry is right.

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

Old November 11th 04, 08:12 PM
maxo

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:01:47 -0500, Mike Beauchamp wrote:

Anyone know where I should look for a rigid mountain bike fork that has
disk mounts and is not suspension corrected

Nashbar has a rigid cyclocross fork with disc mounts, but it's for 700c
wheels, though I don't see why you couldn't run 26" wheels with it as long
as the tire clearance was good.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=