SRAM 950 cassette. Is it any good?

Old November 21st 05, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default SRAM 950 cassette. Is it any good?

Hi,

This is my last "is it any good" question:

How's that SRAM 950 12-26 cassette?

TIA! Derk
Old November 21st 05, 09:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Derk wrote:
How's that SRAM 950 12-26 cassette?

I have an 8-speed SRAM 12-26. It's proven to be reasonably durable and
it shifts as well as any cassette I've used. What more can one say about
a cassette?

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu
Old November 21st 05, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

dvt wrote:

I have an 8-speed SRAM 12-26. It's proven to be reasonably durable and
it shifts as well as any cassette I've used. What more can one say about
a cassette?

Can one replace separate worn cogs?

Greetings, Derk

Old November 21st 05, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Derk wrote:
dvt wrote:

I have an 8-speed SRAM 12-26. It's proven to be reasonably durable
and it shifts as well as any cassette I've used. What more can one
say about a cassette?

Can one replace separate worn cogs?

Greetings, Derk

Yes.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old November 22nd 05, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Derk wrote:
Hi,

This is my last "is it any good" question:

How's that SRAM 950 12-26 cassette?

TIA! Derk

They seem to me to shift better than Shimano cassettes if you are using
a SRAM chain.

Old November 22nd 05, 11:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

Can one replace separate worn cogs?

Yes.

Not he I checked today and there are no cogs available for SRAM
cassettes. :-(

Greetings, Derk
Old November 22nd 05, 01:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

if one cog is worn then others may be or very close to it. so why not
change the whole set.
There are no replacement cogs you can buy individually.

My SRAM 970 has ind cogs but held together with a skinny bolt.

Old November 22nd 05, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Derk wrote:
Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

Can one replace separate worn cogs?

Yes.

Not he I checked today and there are no cogs available for SRAM
cassettes. :-(

Oh, I thought you were wondering if you could physically replace individual
cogs, unlike XT/XTR. In that case, the'yre cheap enough that it shouldn't
matter.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old November 23rd 05, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Derk wrote:
Hi,

This is my last "is it any good" question:

How's that SRAM 950 12-26 cassette?

TIA! Derk

Great unit, wears well, shifts well, cheaper than shimaNO....

Old November 23rd 05, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Great unit, wears well, shifts well, cheaper than shimaNO....

I ask this, because several parts were not according to specifications when
I received my crossbike, though they state in their small print that they
may change several things when they run out of something.

The following was changed:

Advertised -actual mounted part:
Vittoria cyclocross tires- Continental Twister tires
Shimano HG 70 cassette- SRAM 950 cassette
FSA ISIS crankset - Truvativ Elita GPX crankset

I would have preferred the Shimano cassette, because I can buy loose cogs
for this cassette and not for the SRAM cassette, but well, I can't really
complai considering the price of the bike.

Thanks, Derk

FS: SRAM PG 850 8spd cassette, 11-32, NIB $15 andy Marketplace 0 March 16th 05 03:35 AM
Billy removes support from Peewee (seeXXXVII for a Laugh) Di Social Issues 3 October 29th 04 05:31 AM
Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
SRAM cassette/Shinano shifter and RD incompatibility? Marc Rosenbaum Techniques 1 June 8th 04 04:18 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM