Ultrasonic cleaners.

Old April 16th 21, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Ultrasonic cleaners.

The ultrasonic cleaners went WAY up in price but are still relatively cheap..

The cheap one's have a real problem that I discovered yesterday when I got up.

The top liquid containing part sits on the top of the lower section that contains the ultrasonic generators and the heater. This means that the cleaning liquid can work around the edge of this pan and into the electronics below,

I have an older house and it still uses fuses since my brother didn't want to re-run the fuses on one side of the garage to the breaker panel on the other side of the garage

Well it is extremely difficult to get REAL fuses anymore. They make something that appears to be a fuse but the threads are 1/8th or so smaller in diameter.

What happened was that after cleaning the cassette I wanted, the heated soap worked its way around the edge of the pan and down into the electronics. This not only blew the fuse but covered the entire power input area with conductive liquid. I went and got some of these "fuses" without realizing that they were too small to be used. Then getting back, I started to insert one into the socket and even though the US cleaner was unplugged the insides were shorted out and it burned everything to hell and back. I took these undersized fuses back and discovered that they have a sort of screw in circuit breaker to replace fuses so got one of those. I finally got the house up and running since that line also powers the modem and computer. I will have to study about converting the fuses over the top of the garage attic and down into the circuit breaker panel but installing the breaker panel my brother broke the wall board behind the panel. That couldn't be helped so I will replace the wall board with plywood to give it some strength. And I have to bring in conduit from above so that I can run the wires and simply cross connect.

I threw away the ultrasonic cleaner and ordered a new one. All of this made me start cleaning up that area. And I began thinking of how I could seal the new one so that doesn't happen to it.

Ultrasonic cleaning? N8N[_2_] Techniques 15 April 14th 21 08:43 PM
Ultrasonic cleaning Bert Techniques 28 January 23rd 10 06:17 PM
ultrasonic cleaners Rex Australia 14 November 26th 07 05:52 AM
Ultrasonic parts cleaners Dan Burkhart Techniques 8 November 28th 04 04:03 PM
Ultrasonic parts cleaners Dan Burkhart Techniques 0 November 28th 04 04:01 PM