Frank

Old May 1st 21, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Frank

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 18:13:59 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 5:59:41 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 08:37:29 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

I had the idea that you were about the same age as
I was and went through the deprivation of the war years.

Sorry to interrupt, but as I understand it, you were born in Oct 1944.
Please correct me if this is wrong. When WWII ended in Sept 1945, you
were at best 1 year old. I'm impressed that you can recall the
deprivation of the US war years, 1941 to 1945, at that age.
And the almost instant improvement in life when Eisenhower
reduced the highest tax rates.

That's possible. Dwight D. Eisenhower was president from Jan 20, 1953
to Jan 20, 1961. In 1953, would have been 8 years old. I'm equally
impressed that you can accurately recall economic improvements when
you were 8 to 16 years old. Personally, recalling most things before
I was about 17 years old is mostly a muddle.

You've made it very clear that everything in your life is a muddle. Broken family was it? Low IQ? Even with my memory problems I can remember everything in grade school, Jr. High and High School. 8 years old was more than old enough to tend to the chickens and the garden. I also worked for Farmer Potts who had a field around the corner and hand out with my friends walking 4 or 5 miles to their houses. Unlike you, I was never protected. And there was never any need to be either because everyone knew my father from his fighting days. Neither he nor my older brother were allowed to be drafted or to volunteer because they worked for the railroad and that was a necessary labor. Why don't you tell us whatever the hell you can remember? 17 is muddled? Remember I volunteered for Vietnam at that age. You sure must be mind addled.

Well quite obviously you don't know what you are talking about as
people who worked in certain jobs weren't forbidden to volunteer for
the Service during WW II, they were given a "deferment" which excluded
them from the draft but they were still free to volunteer if they
wished. How do I know? I know because my uncle was in just that
situation, he had a deferment but volunteered for the Navy and served
in both North Africa and the Pacific.

As for you volunteering for Vietnam when you were 17 years old that's
even more fantasy. Had you volunteered you would have served in
Vietnam and had you served in Vietnam you would be dancing around,
waving your arms and shouting "I'm a hero!, I'm a hero!".
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 1st 21, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 18:24:02 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 6:16:41 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
wrote:

I had the idea that you were about the same age as
I was and went through the deprivation of the war years.

Sorry to interrupt, but as I understand it, you were born in Oct 1944.
Please correct me if this is wrong. When WWII ended in Sept 1945, you
were at best 1 year old. I'm impressed that you can recall the
deprivation of the US war years, 1941 to 1945, at that age.

And the almost instant improvement in life when Eisenhower
reduced the highest tax rates.

That's possible. Dwight D. Eisenhower was president from Jan 20, 1953
to Jan 20, 1961. In 1953, would have been 8 years old. I'm equally
impressed that you can accurately recall economic improvements when
you were 8 to 16 years old. Personally, recalling most things before
I was about 17 years old is mostly a muddle.

https://www.zocalopublicsquare.org/2...t/ideas/essay/
(in part)
"During the administration of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, from
1953 to 1961, the top income bracket in the United States climbed to a
marginal tax rate of 91 percent. Taxes on corporate profits were two
times as great as they are in 2017, and that’s before the current
proposal to cut that rate to 21 percent. The tax on large estates rose
to more than 70 percent."
and
Eisenhower’s 1958 budget nearly doubled the federal budget from that
of the Truman era, and raised the national debt by billions of
dollars.

John, I hate to point this out to you but the 91% tax rate was installed but Franklin Roosevelt and left there by Truman and it was Eisenhower that began reducing it. I'm sue that if you ask nicely that Jeff would let you suck him off.

Well, lets see...
The Revenue Act of 1935, 49 Stat. 1014 (Aug. 30, 1935), raised federal
income tax on higher income levels, by introducing the "Wealth
Tax".[1] It was a progressive tax that took up to 75 percent of the
highest incomes (over $1 million per year.).

Then FDR proposed a 100 percent top tax rate. At a time of “grave
national danger,” Roosevelt told Congress in April 1942, “no American
citizen ought to have a net income, after he has paid his taxes, of
more than $25,000 a year.”

But Congress refused to agree.

Roosevelt tried again. He repeated his $25,000 “supertax” income cap
call in his Labor Day message.
Congress shrugged that request off, too.

FDR still didn’t back down. In early October, he issued an executive
order that limited top corporate salaries to $25,000 after taxes. The
move would “provide for greater equality in contributing to the war
effort,”

Americans making over $250,000 in 1944 — over $3.2 million today —
paid 69 percent of their total incomes in federal income taxes,
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 1st 21, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/30/2021 9:27 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 1 May 2021 01:05:12 -0000 (UTC), News 2021
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 08:37:29 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:
Socialized Medicine ALWAYS fails.

Wrong

Prior to attaining the age of 65 or 66 years[1], I was a fairly
typical taxpayer, routinely complaining about paying for someone
else's medical expenses. After 66, I became a recipient and therefore
a staunch supporter of socialized everything that might benefit me.

I've never complained about paying taxes - except, perhaps, the portion
that go toward maintaining a military that's larger than the next 20
nations combined.

Regarding single payer or universal health care or whatever - it
astounds me that there are people who love the current U.S. system. It
has often exorbitant hospital costs that are usually hidden from the
consumer until too late, it de-emphasizes preventive care, uses
expensive emergency rooms to treat minor problems among the uninsured,
it features arcane and convoluted insurance contracts and multitudes of
lawyers on each side to argue over what they mean, it prevents real
bidding or negotiation on many medicines and procedures, it obscenely
enriches its stockholders and CEOs, and it delivers results that are
generally FAR worse than competing systems.

What's not to hate?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 1st 21, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

wrote:

I had the idea that you were about the same age as
I was and went through the deprivation of the war years.

Sorry to interrupt, but as I understand it, you were born in Oct 1944.
Please correct me if this is wrong. When WWII ended in Sept 1945, you
were at best 1 year old. I'm impressed that you can recall the
deprivation of the US war years, 1941 to 1945, at that age.

And the almost instant improvement in life when Eisenhower
reduced the highest tax rates.

Nope. Eisenhower raised the rate on the highest tax bracket to 92%.
At the time, there were very few people with such a high income, so
there was little impact on tax revenue.

That's possible. Dwight D. Eisenhower was president from Jan 20, 1953
to Jan 20, 1961. In 1953, would have been 8 years old. I'm equally
impressed that you can accurately recall economic improvements when
you were 8 to 16 years old. Personally, recalling most things before
I was about 17 years old is mostly a muddle.

You've made it very clear that everything in your life is a muddle.

I have? It's rare that I post anything that doesn't have at least one
mistake, ambiguity, arithmetic, or spelling error. I must be
improving.

Broken family was it?

Nope. Thanks to WWII and the concentration camps, my mother was my
father third and last wife.

Low IQ?

Close. Not high enough. During the cold war, the government decided
that it would be a good idea to produce more scientists and engineers
to beat the evil Russians. Everyone was tested for IQ and assigned to
classes by test results. I was in the "accelerated" program. The
problem was that I was the lowest scoring and lowest achieving student
in the class. Being last among the smart kids was a lousy place to
be, but I managed.

Incidentally, if you need more ammunition, I was also the worst chess
player in various schools. My family had a tradition of playing
excellent chess. Unfortunately, I was a disappointment. Under the
assumption that practice improves performance, I joined various chess
clubs and rapidly played my way to last place. I gave up playing
sometime in college, much to the disappointment of my parents.

Even with my memory problems I can remember everything in grade
school, Jr. High and High School.

My father was into amateur (wet) photography and had prints dating
back to when we lived in Germany. We would sometime look at the old
albums, where I did my best to stay awake as my parents and relatives
explained the photos in excruciating detail. I later realized that
they were making mistakes, and that I was remembering the mistakes
instead of what really happened. It's still very much like that
today. When I skim through the old photo albums, I tend to recall the
situation in the photo and magically recall what I was trying to
remember. Usually it's the wrong location, wrong year, or mixing up
the names of friends and relatives. If you think your childhood
memories are perfect, you might want to verify that by asking your
relatives for confirmation.

8 years old was more than old enough to tend to the chickens
and the garden.

I think I was about 10 years old when my parents bribed some relatives
in Moorpark CA to take me in for the summer. They ran a chicken
ranch, so I did whatever was needed. I don't recall doing any
gardening.

I also worked for Farmer Potts who had a field around the
corner and hand out with my friends walking 4 or 5 miles to
their houses.

I helped my father in his petticoat and lingerie factory.

Unlike you, I was never protected. And there was never any need
to be either because everyone knew my father from his fighting
days.

That works. My father was not built to be a fighter and did his best
to teach me how to stay out of trouble. I was involved in a few
fights with the other kids, but nothing worse. After the movie "West
Side Story" appeared, we all formed gangs, where I managed to get my
head bashed in by another kid who didn't realize what he was doing.
Sorry, but I don't do violence.

Neither he nor my older brother were allowed to be drafted or
to volunteer because they worked for the railroad and that was
a necessary labor.

Such are the benefits of having a strong union.

Why don't you tell us whatever the hell you can remember?

Because nobody would be interested in what I can or can't remember.
However, I'm sure it will be more interesting than your invented past.

17 is muddled?

Yep. That's why I complimented you twice for having such a good
memory, even from before you were born. I really wish I had a better
memory from my early years.

Remember I volunteered for Vietnam at that age. You sure must
be mind addled.

In my situation, the choice was go to Vietnam, go to jail, or go to
college for a deferment. The decision was rather easy.

OK, enough topic drifting for now. I wouldn't have written anything
suggesting that your precocious economic analysis was a bit much for
an 8 year old had your resisted the temptation to insert yourself into
the story line. In this case, you claimed to have been present during
the Eisenhower administration from before you were born to 17 years
old. This is the same problem I have when you claim to have worked
for some company, when that company doesn't appear on your resume, and
would be unlikely to employ you anyway. That's also probably why you
interject your opinions into literally every thread or discussion in
R.B.T. When you don't receive sufficient attention, you start a new
thread. When that doesn't attract any attention, you add replies to
the thread. You've been caught a few times inventing jobs,
abilities, and possibly some other items. At best, you are a
nuisance. At worst, a habitual liar.

So, what do I want? Easy. I would like you to stop lying. Maybe
some URL and references backing up your assertions. Nothing more (for
now).

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old May 1st 21, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Here we have both socialized medicine and "private" medicine and it is
very noticeable how much the "private" hospitals charge for medicines
compared to the "Government" hospitals. A minimum of twice as much and
usually more for the same medicines.

In fact it became so blatant that the government passed a law that
private hospitals must publicly display the costs of all medicines
that they may prescribe. Which, of course, the hospitals are finding
many and complex reasons why that is impossible to do at the moment
:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 1st 21, 09:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_6_]

wrote:

I had the idea that you were about the same age as
I was and went through the deprivation of the war years.

Sorry to interrupt, but as I understand it, you were born in Oct 1944.
Please correct me if this is wrong. When WWII ended in Sept 1945, you
were at best 1 year old. I'm impressed that you can recall the
deprivation of the US war years, 1941 to 1945, at that age.

And the almost instant improvement in life when Eisenhower
reduced the highest tax rates.

That's possible. Dwight D. Eisenhower was president from Jan 20, 1953
to Jan 20, 1961. In 1953, would have been 8 years old. I'm equally
impressed that you can accurately recall economic improvements when
you were 8 to 16 years old. Personally, recalling most things before
I was about 17 years old is mostly a muddle.

17-25 is a bit tricky :-)

Old May 1st 21, 01:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

Dear Frank-

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/defense.jpg

Everyone decries that the Pentagon wastes half it budget.
Few agree with me that every other Department wastes all of
theirs.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 1st 21, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

When you don't know what you're talking about why don't you just shut up? People with children to support could get deferments but there were several "critical" employments from which you could not be drafted nor even volunteer. Exactly what goes through your head that you believe that aircraft designers could be turned into battle fodder instead of winning the war in the positions they were at. The Pew Research center released a study that said that 54% of all liberal white women were mentally unstable and obviously you fit into that category.
Old May 1st 21, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Is there some reason that you couldn't read the reference I gave to you wannabe lover John? That showed that Franklin Roosevelt had a top tax rate of 94% - probably more since there were no writeoffs of any sort then.
Old May 1st 21, 03:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Yes and no. There are complex factors involved.

First off, much is made of marginal rates (as you note above):
https://images.angelpub.com/2015/38/...teshistory.jpg

But various tax regimens (nowadays mostly the IRS code &
related rules[1]) have myriad carve-outs, exemptions,
credits and so on. When one views total tax revenues, the
picture is different:

https://images.angelpub.com/2015/38/33363/taxtogdp.gif

And a case can be made that broader simpler rates and rules
yield higher revenues. That was Mr Putin's approach twenty
years ago to a flat universal 13% rate. Even the various
mafias paid their taxes as cheating was no longer worth the
risk [2].

Here and elsewhere, broader simpler rules with lower rates
have indeed garnered more treasury revenue at times. Other
times not because, as I opened, this is extremely complex
considering all the various incentives, disincentives,
loopholes and opportunities.

Bonus! Here's what two famous economists have to say about
that (two minutes 30 seconds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jr3Ceu894
`
[1]Prior to 1913 all revenue was from duties, tariffs and
excise taxes which were (as everything) dynamic political
tools for each Congress to attack afresh.

[2]The accretions of rules, loopholes, corruption, avoidance
schemes etc have lowered Russian tax revenues and so the
system has since changed in an effort to keep up with the
taxpaying citizenry's innovations. Just like here.

From, I think, 1943 onwards the top tax rate was 94%. After the war the Republicans managed to knock it down to 91%. In 1953 when Eisenhower was elected, the Democrat Congress managed to kick it up to 92% again. Eisenhower without the ability to be a commander as he was in the war just managed to get it back down to 91% the following year. John Kennedy was FAR more a Republican than a Democrat in modern terms and HE reduced the top tax rates to 77% and I showed the other chart that demonstrated that EVERY time the top tax rates were decreased the taxable income rose. This is not some sort of question since we have 50 years of IRS evidence that debit spending causes inflation which is a tax on the poor and reducing maximum tax rates increases taxable income and mostly from upper and upper middle class income earners.

To Frank and Jay and SMS [email protected] Techniques 8 July 31st 20 04:40 PM
Frank - Tom Kunich[_5_] Techniques 40 August 4th 19 11:38 PM
Especially for Frank [email protected] Techniques 5 October 6th 17 04:19 PM
Let's be Frank.... Anton Berlin Racing 3 October 30th 09 12:00 AM
Where's Dr. Frank? MagillaGorilla[_3_] Racing 0 September 25th 08 09:35 PM