Ride of Electric Unicycle (!) killed...hit and run.

Old May 9th 21, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pH

Default Ride of Electric Unicycle (!) killed...hit and run.

https://www.sanjoseinside.com/news/u...ay-identified/

Not a lot of detail but this article was in today's San Jose Mercury.

I wonder if by "electric unicycle" they mean one of those one-wheel
skateboard thingies.

Anyway...another pointless death just because you want to ride a cycle of
some sort. Sigh.

Pureheart in Aptos
Old May 9th 21, 07:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 2:20:24 p.m. UTC-4, pH wrote:
https://www.sanjoseinside.com/news/u...ay-identified/

Not a lot of detail but this article was in today's San Jose Mercury.

I wonder if by "electric unicycle" they mean one of those one-wheel
skateboard thingies.

Anyway...another pointless death just because you want to ride a cycle of
some sort. Sigh.

Pureheart in Aptos

It happened at 9:55 PM and the rider FELL of his machine and then was struck and killed by the vehicle and whose driver then fled the scene. I wonder if the rider was wearing dark clothing as he rode along in the traffic lane?

Cheers
Old May 9th 21, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 11:50:39 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 2:20:24 p.m. UTC-4, pH wrote:
https://www.sanjoseinside.com/news/u...ay-identified/

Not a lot of detail but this article was in today's San Jose Mercury.

I wonder if by "electric unicycle" they mean one of those one-wheel
skateboard thingies.

Anyway...another pointless death just because you want to ride a cycle of
some sort. Sigh.

Pureheart in Aptos

It happened at 9:55 PM and the rider FELL of his machine and then was struck and killed by the vehicle and whose driver then fled the scene. I wonder if the rider was wearing dark clothing as he rode along in the traffic lane?

Cheers

Not a bad part of town. Near the accident site, you can get this cute 1,300 sf house for only $1.4M. Smoking deal! https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1...8/home/1743514

-- Jay Beattie
Old May 10th 21, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sun, 9 May 2021 11:50:37 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 2:20:24 p.m. UTC-4, pH wrote:
https://www.sanjoseinside.com/news/u...ay-identified/

Not a lot of detail but this article was in today's San Jose Mercury.

I wonder if by "electric unicycle" they mean one of those one-wheel
skateboard thingies.

Anyway...another pointless death just because you want to ride a cycle of
some sort. Sigh.

Pureheart in Aptos

It happened at 9:55 PM and the rider FELL of his machine and then

was struck and killed by the vehicle and whose driver then fled the
scene. I wonder if the rider was wearing dark clothing as he rode
along in the traffic lane?

Cheers

Perhaps the moral is "don't fall off in front of a car" :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.