A firm but wide saddle - recommend one!

Old April 27th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ken Freeman

Default A firm but wide saddle - recommend one!

On Apr 18, 8:42*pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
Baka Dasai wrote:
On 17 Apr 2009 10:25:00 GMT, Baka Dasai said (and I quote):
As the subject says, I'm looking for a saddle that's firm, wide
and relatively flat (ie, not a rounded top). Also cheap!

Is there no saddle that fits this description?

Check out the "E3" saddles from Perfomance & Nashbar. *The lighter one (ti
version) is firmer due to less padding I think. *Can usually find it on sale
for $40 or so.

Bill "I like it but(t) friends call it The Crippler" S.

Yes, the E3 is designed for perineal protection and has a flat
platform, but it is wayyyy narrower than a B17. I have a lot of
trouble keeping my sit bones centered on an E3, with similar
difficulty on an Alias 130 or a Toupe 130. I do fit well on a Toupe
143. I don't have a B17 so I can't compare directly, but I do have an
Ideale 92 long frame (same dimensions as a B17), and it is too wide,
causing inner leg chafing.

Width matters.

I think I saw that E3 had come out with a wider version, but I haven't
seen it for sale.
Old April 27th 09, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Hank Wirtz

Baka Dasai wrote:
[...]

I tried an E3 after riding B17s and like you, found it much too narrow.

WTB Street Smart man`s saddle 5 7/8 inches wide 10 1/2 inches long. $12 Donald ORourke[_2_] Marketplace 0 May 27th 08 12:49 AM
Saddle too wide? Art Techniques 12 April 4th 06 07:54 AM
Brooks: Wide Saddle In Two-Wire Unsprung? (PeteCresswell) Techniques 0 December 29th 05 09:17 PM
wide, unsprung Brooks saddle? C.J.Patten UK 0 August 13th 05 02:45 PM
Recommend a waist / saddle bag? Jeremy Collins UK 14 March 19th 05 01:32 AM