99 Sunglasses - wired.

Old October 26th 04, 06:39 AM
Badger_South

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 05:00:08 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
wrote:

"Badger_South" wrote in message news
A few weeks ago a poster mentioned that Lowe's had some sunglasses suitable
for biking, but labeled as 'Safety Glasses'.

Don't think you'll be riding with the 'A' group.

People know when you show up wearing crap.
And if they're like me then they won't want to be
near you.

That's why I'm looking at Dolce & Gabbana's
DG 611S glasses.

Ok, those are going to set you back 280 euros, but
then you are wearing Stefano Gabbana's best
effort in eye wear design. NICE!

Thanks, Fab.

-B
pumps fist in air...Score!

Old October 26th 04, 06:50 AM
David L. Johnson

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 05:00:08 +0000, Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

"Badger_South" wrote in message
news
A few weeks ago a poster mentioned that Lowe's had some sunglasses
suitable for biking, but labeled as 'Safety Glasses'.

People know when you show up wearing crap. And if they're like me then
they won't want to be near you.

That's comforting, Fab.

That's why I'm looking at Dolce & Gabbana's DG 611S glasses.

Ok, those are going to set you back 280 euros,

Jeez, I paid more than that for my Bolle's. Maybe you should look into
that. But, of course, mine are prescription. Trifocals....

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Accept risk. Accept responsibility. Put a lawyer out of
_`\(,_ | business.
(_)/ (_) |

Old October 26th 04, 06:56 AM
Bill Baka

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:13:53 GMT, Pete
wrote:

"Bill Baka" wrote

Glasses question, not 99.
I wear glasses (hopelessly nearsighted) and the cold air make my eyes
water,

I've found that it's the airflow coming around the side of the glasses.
Hitting the eyeball sideways.

leading to salt and sweat in the eyes, limiting my ability to ride at
all
in the winter. Has anybody got any ideas on how to get around this, like
maybe a set of industrial safety goggles over the spectacles? I thought
the old style aviators goggles were cool but I probably could never get
them
in a prescription.

Fitovers or ski goggles, depending on the weather.
http://www.fitovers.com/

They sell similar glasses at Walmart. ~$15-$20. The logo is completely
worn
off mine, so I can't tell if they are Fitover(tm) brand or a Walmart
knockoff.

Pete

At least I have a Walmart only 1 mile from me, not even far enough to
get the bike out, so a nice walk. Probably find something I like and
find out it was made in China, sort of like 90% of Walmart stuff.
Thanks,
Bill Baka

Old October 26th 04, 07:11 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Pete" wrote:

[...]

There are other options as well. prescription sports goggles come in a
wide array of styles, and a great number of sunglasses can be had with
prescription inserts.

No recommendation of this particular site, but they seem to have what
you want:

http://www.sportrx.com/

Aviatorish, but a sunglass, not a goggle:
http://www.sportrx.com/order.asp?product_id=WX001

Very aviator-like goggles in several styles, for motorcyclists:
http://www.sportrx.com/search_result...egory=all&ims=
1&iss=0&category_type=cruiser

Note that a lot of those latter goggles will probably be designed with a
fairly serious seal around the eyes. For me, this would mean untenable
fogging problems, but you may not have the same issues, or you may be
able to solve the issue with a good lens cleaner.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.wiredcola.com
Verus de parvis; verus de magnis.
Old October 26th 04, 04:35 PM
Roger Zoul

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
|| "Badger_South" wrote in message
|| news ||| A few weeks ago a poster mentioned that Lowe's had some sunglasses
||| suitable
||| for biking, but labeled as 'Safety Glasses'.
|| Don't think you'll be riding with the 'A' group.
|| People know when you show up wearing crap.
|| And if they're like me then they won't want to be
|| near you.
|| That's why I'm looking at Dolce & Gabbana's
|| DG 611S glasses.
|| Ok, those are going to set you back 280 euros, but
|| then you are wearing Stefano Gabbana's best
|| effort in eye wear design. NICE!

Are you for real or what? Is there a FAQ on you anywhere?

Old October 26th 04, 04:45 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Roger Zoul wrote:
Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
"Badger_South" wrote in message
news A few weeks ago a poster mentioned that Lowe's had some sunglasses
suitable
for biking, but labeled as 'Safety Glasses'.

Don't think you'll be riding with the 'A' group.

People know when you show up wearing crap.
And if they're like me then they won't want to be
near you.

That's why I'm looking at Dolce & Gabbana's
DG 611S glasses.

Ok, those are going to set you back 280 euros, but
then you are wearing Stefano Gabbana's best
effort in eye wear design. NICE!

Are you for real or what? Is there a FAQ on you anywhere?

Roger, Roger, Roger... OF COURSE he's for real! How else are we "hackers"
supposed to feel ****ty about ourselves?!?

Bill "Fabrizio: tanned, muscular, shaved...and hung like a hermit crab" S.

Old October 26th 04, 05:05 PM
Badger_South

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:35:40 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
|| "Badger_South" wrote in message
|| news ||| A few weeks ago a poster mentioned that Lowe's had some sunglasses
||| suitable
||| for biking, but labeled as 'Safety Glasses'.
|| Don't think you'll be riding with the 'A' group.
|| People know when you show up wearing crap.
|| And if they're like me then they won't want to be
|| near you.
|| That's why I'm looking at Dolce & Gabbana's
|| DG 611S glasses.
|| Ok, those are going to set you back 280 euros, but
|| then you are wearing Stefano Gabbana's best
|| effort in eye wear design. NICE!

Are you for real or what? Is there a FAQ on you anywhere?

Hey, man, Fab has always been very cordial and helpful to me. What a nice
post to help me score -the- best sunglasses for Pro emulation!

-B