Fuji Sagres - Info?

Old October 24th 04, 06:43 PM
Zoot Katz

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 02:05:58 -0700, ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

Actually, it seems the mixte configuration pre-dates
the '70s by several decades, especially in Europe:
http://www.rijwiel.net/kruisf2e.htm

I saw old yellow Peugeot mixtes in France used by letter carriers.
Lately I've heard ladies frames being called "Scottish step-throughs".
--
zk
Old October 25th 04, 03:36 AM
Scott Ehardt

"maxo" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 02:41:05 +0000, Scott Ehardt wrote:

is this the correct chain for this bike? It
has six gears in the back. http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=7175

Yes and a good deal as well.

Also, I think I need a tool to detach the chain... like this one?
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=6742

That'll work, just be patient, that style of tool is a bit persnickity,
but works fine. Remember that your chain will most likely have a stiff
link where you put it back together, but flexing the the sucker a bit
should get rid of that.

The Nashbar chain will come with a quick link, but you certainly want to
wrap the chain around the large/large sprockets sans derailleur to figure
out the right length, you'll most likely remove several links. Thread it
back through the derailleur pulleys when you're done. :P

Thanks for your help! The project is currently on hold until my Nashbar
shipment comes in...

--
Scott Ehardt
http://www.scehardt.com