in preparation for the GVBR,

Old April 15th 07, 09:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default in preparation for the GVBR,

in preparation for the GVBR, i bunged the tyres that were
on last year's freebe bike onto my good mtn bike. Talk about
heavy dead and unresponsive!! So, can anyone recommend
a good set of fast slicks for mtn bikes?

Old April 15th 07, 10:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 01:37:37 -0700, scottjoneswa wrote:

in preparation for the GVBR, i bunged the tyres that were
on last year's freebe bike onto my good mtn bike. Talk about
heavy dead and unresponsive!! So, can anyone recommend
a good set of fast slicks for mtn bikes?

IRC Metros [1] are about the benchmark for value, IMNAAHO [2]. I think
they're about $30 an end and will go something like 10,000 km.

[1] IRC is the brand, not some net geek acronym.
[2] This is a net geek acronym. [3]
[3] Though there is argument over whether it's an acronym or abbreviation,
since it's reasonably tricky to pronounce.

--
Dave Hughes |
You're a classic example of that inverse
Old April 15th 07, 10:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote:

scottjones wrote:
in preparation for the GVBR, i bunged the tyres that were
on last year's freebe bike onto my good mtn bike. Talk about
heavy dead and unresponsive!! So, can anyone recommend
a good set of fast slicks for mtn bikes?

Good and cheap?

Torpedo 7 have some for sale now and then. I somehow doubt you want
to spring for Marathons....

I ahve just fitted these that I got from Torpedo7:
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/INTYMNNSL

26 x 1.25 and 100psi makes them very fast rolling. Just did 110km including
45kms of gravel road and a big climb up the back of Tallarook. With the
$14.99 price you can't go wrong.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old April 15th 07, 11:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:49:25 +1000
PeteSig wrote:

26 x 1.25 and 100psi makes them very fast rolling. Just did 110km including
45kms of gravel road and a big climb up the back of Tallarook. With the
$14.99 price you can't go wrong.

Dunno how long they last. Mine has done about 1000km and is thinning
up some.

Zebee
Old April 15th 07, 11:24 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:22:36 -0000
John Pitts wrote:
I've got Maxxis Xenith 1.5 on mine:
http://www.maxxis.com/products/bicycle/product_detail.asp?id=79

Rated to 80psi. I've done 3000km or so and they've still got plenty of
wear on them. They cost around $40 each, about a year ago.

20 bucks from Torpedo
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/MXTYMNNXE

Wider than I want for the 'bent, the 1.25 Innovas are still available
from torpedo, but there is definitely a marathon in my future. Pity
the fancy reflective stuff on the sidewalls flakes off almost
instantly.

Zebee
Old May 4th 07, 08:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Boostland

wrote in message
ups.com...
in preparation for the GVBR, i bunged the tyres that were
on last year's freebe bike onto my good mtn bike. Talk about
heavy dead and unresponsive!! So, can anyone recommend
a good set of fast slicks for mtn bikes?

For those that answered this spammer have a look at this :P

http://groups.google.com.au/group/au...19 b3db491ebd

And they're off! GVBR alison_b Australia 8 November 26th 05 08:50 PM
preparation experience [email protected] Racing 98 August 24th 05 07:48 AM
Two races, one day - preparation and tips ? Lou D'Amelio Racing 3 April 30th 05 10:38 PM
GVBR altitude map TimC Australia 2 January 30th 05 03:34 PM
FS: GVBR Bicycle - never used bjay Australia 5 January 24th 05 06:45 AM