Bystolic (Nebivolol)

Old August 20th 09, 05:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Bystolic (Nebivolol)

"Paul B. Anders" wrote in message
On Aug 19, 7:11 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Hell, at least we Americans know that the REAL(tm) health food is BEER.
Although the label says 280 calories half of that is alcohol which a
person
doesn't absorb. It gets ****ed away making beer less fattening than most
other drinks.

So, you're saying that alcohol is effectively non-caloric?

Yes. It has calories since they can measure them but it isn't processed by
the body and exits in the same condition it entered the body. Pretty weird
huh? Of course, people who are drinking, tend to drink to excess and gain
calories from the food components of the beer or wine.

Old August 20th 09, 05:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Henry" wrote in message
On Aug 20, 9:53 am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Paul B. Anders" wrote in

BTW, if you ever want to convince yourself of the need to stay in good
cardiovascular shape and do the right things to avoid CAD, spend a
couple of hours in the cardiac ward and look at all the 60+ guys who
are in there for bypass.

NOTE: People who are long term athletes have almost the same incidence
of
arterial blockage as non-athletes. Remember that and always get your
yearly
checkup. And be sure that you get a full workup every couple of years as
well. You don't want to discover a heart condition by having a heart
attack.

because so many athletes use their exercise as an excuse for poor
nutrition.

Perhaps but I have gotten the feeling that most of it isn't simply bad
eating habits but rather inherited lifespan issues.

Old August 20th 09, 06:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 19, 5:43*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
*Susan Walker wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I'm not seriously suggesting EPO

Candyass.

I know! Even orange juice creeps me out.

Just healthy, nourishing wine for me,

If it helps, every time I look at the subject of this
thread I think it says "Nebbiolo."

Does that mean I have a problem?

Ben
Old August 20th 09, 06:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Paul B. Anders" wrote in message
On Aug 19, 7:11 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Hell, at least we Americans know that the REAL(tm) health food is BEER.
Although the label says 280 calories half of that is alcohol which a
person
doesn't absorb. It gets ****ed away making beer less fattening than most
other drinks.

So, you're saying that alcohol is effectively non-caloric?

Yes. It has calories since they can measure them but it isn't processed by
the body and exits in the same condition it entered the body. Pretty weird
huh? Of course, people who are drinking, tend to drink to excess and gain
calories from the food components of the beer or wine.

Seriously? Because if this is true, it's AWESOME!

My fetish for 9% ABV beer has never looked better,

Old August 20th 09, 07:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Ryan Cousineau wrote in
]:

In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Paul B. Anders" wrote in message

On Aug 19, 7:11 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Hell, at least we Americans know that the REAL(tm) health food is
BEER. Although the label says 280 calories half of that is
alcohol which a person
doesn't absorb. It gets ****ed away making beer less fattening
than most other drinks.

So, you're saying that alcohol is effectively non-caloric?

Yes. It has calories since they can measure them but it isn't
processed by the body and exits in the same condition it entered the
body. Pretty weird huh? Of course, people who are drinking, tend to
drink to excess and gain calories from the food components of the
beer or wine.

Seriously? Because if this is true, it's AWESOME!

My fetish for 9% ABV beer has never looked better,

It's not true.

http://www.rochester.edu/uhs/healtht...ricvalues.html

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/summary/170/2/197

http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/...v.nu.06.070186.
002325

Like I said, those who quote Kunich have only themselves to blame.

--
Bill Asher
Old August 20th 09, 08:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
William Asher wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote in
]:

In article ,
[...]

Damn it! I'm going back to hard liquor.

Old August 20th 09, 08:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

On Aug 17, 1:22*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
Today, my cardio switched me from 25 mg metoprolol twice daily to 5 mg
Bystolic (Nebivolol), I think it's 2x daily (need to ask to make
certain). From what he told me and from what I can figure out from the
wikipedia entry, this beta blocker doesn't have the same negative
effect on VO2max that metoprolol. Anyone else have any experience with
Bystolic?

Yes.
Old August 20th 09, 09:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Damn it! I'm going back to hard liquor.

You could try living in the Kuniverse instead.

Old August 20th 09, 01:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Mattil

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...

Just healthy, nourishing wine for me,

Hell, at least we Americans know that the REAL(tm) health food is BEER.
Although the label says 280 calories half of that is alcohol which a
person doesn't absorb. It gets ****ed away making beer less fattening
than most other drinks.

You just can't stop yourself can you ? It's better to be silent and be
thought a fool that to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Bill

--
William R. Mattil

http://www.celestial-images.com
Old August 20th 09, 01:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Mattil

Donald Munro wrote:

You could try living in the Kuniverse instead.

Anyone living there obviously never gets laid. Except maybe Bathhouse fun.

Bill