Bystolic (Nebivolol)

Old August 20th 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

Default Bystolic (Nebivolol)

On Aug 20, 12:22*am, KG wrote:
On Aug 17, 1:22*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:

Today, my cardio switched me from 25 mg metoprolol twice daily to 5 mg
Bystolic (Nebivolol), I think it's 2x daily (need to ask to make
certain). From what he told me and from what I can figure out from the
wikipedia entry, this beta blocker doesn't have the same negative
effect on VO2max that metoprolol. Anyone else have any experience with
Bystolic?

Yes.

Jesus, you an be such a PITA sometimes. OK, how's this:

"Would anyone else out there with experience with Bystolic please take
pity on me and communicate your experience as a posting in this thread
so that I might learn from your knowledge?"

Is that better?

thanks,

Brad Anders
Old August 20th 09, 02:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Paul B. Anders wrote:
On Aug 20, 12:22 am, KG wrote:
On Aug 17, 1:22 pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:

Today, my cardio switched me from 25 mg metoprolol twice daily to 5 mg
Bystolic (Nebivolol), I think it's 2x daily (need to ask to make
certain). From what he told me and from what I can figure out from the
wikipedia entry, this beta blocker doesn't have the same negative
effect on VO2max that metoprolol. Anyone else have any experience with
Bystolic?

Yes.

Jesus, you an be such a PITA sometimes. OK, how's this:

"Would anyone else out there with experience with Bystolic please take
pity on me and communicate your experience as a posting in this thread
so that I might learn from your knowledge?"

Is that better?

thanks,

Brad Anders

Brad,

Have you tried shots of ouzo?

Bob Schwartz
Old August 20th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Aug 20, 6:26*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Paul B. Anders wrote:
On Aug 20, 12:22 am, KG wrote:
[...]

Bob Schwartz- Hide quoted text -

You, too? You know, I don't think I've ever had ouzo, I'm going to try
it the next time I'm in a bar and get back to you on it.

Brad Anders
Old August 20th 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Paul B. Anders wrote:
On Aug 20, 6:26 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Brad,

Have you tried shots of ouzo?

Bob Schwartz- Hide quoted text -

You, too? You know, I don't think I've ever had ouzo, I'm going to try
it the next time I'm in a bar and get back to you on it.

Brad Anders

Remember, the same people that make ouzo also make a wine
that smells like Pine Sol.

Bob Schwartz
Old August 20th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Have you tried shots of ouzo?

Paul B. Anders wrote:
You, too? You know, I don't think I've ever had ouzo, I'm going to try
it the next time I'm in a bar and get back to you on it.

Schwartz can probably direct you to a bar in Philly where you get a free
hooker with your ouzo.

Old August 20th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
Paul B. Anders wrote:
On Aug 20, 6:26 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Brad,

Have you tried shots of ouzo?

Bob Schwartz- Hide quoted text -

You, too? You know, I don't think I've ever had ouzo, I'm going to
try
it the next time I'm in a bar and get back to you on it.

Brad Anders

Remember, the same people that make ouzo also make a wine
that smells like Pine Sol.

Bob Schwartz

Retsina. I actually like the stuff.

-S-

Old August 20th 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Donald Munro wrote:

Tom Kunich wrote:
Yes. It has calories since they can measure them but it isn't
processed by the body and exits in the same condition it entered
the body. Pretty weird huh? Of course, people who are drinking,
tend to drink to excess and gain calories from the food
components of the beer or wine.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Seriously? Because if this is true, it's AWESOME!
My fetish for 9% ABV beer has never looked better,

William Asher wrote:
It's not true.
http://www.rochester.edu/uhs/healtht...ricvalues.html
http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/summary/170/2/197
http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/...urev.nu.06.070
186. 002325
Like I said, those who quote Kunich have only themselves to blame.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Damn it! I'm going back to hard liquor.

You could try living in the Kuniverse instead.

In the Kuniverse, everything is owned, operated, and invented by Kunicorp.
In the Kuniverse, Kunich is like Thomas Newton in "The Man Who Fell to
Earth." But you can only go so far with bending reality, and even the
Kuniverse has to obey physics. So like in TMWFtE, Newton/Kunich, who once
"had it all," dies a lonely, broken alcoholic who people consider a raving
lunatic.

Guys with Dutch-sounding names make awesome movies.

--
Bill Asher
Old August 20th 09, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Damn it! I'm going back to hard liquor.

I considered not being the one to tell you the bad news. But then I
realized that the truth is not really going to affect your behavior one
way or the other.

--
Bill Asher
Old August 20th 09, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Steve Freides wrote:
"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
Remember, the same people that make ouzo also make a wine
that smells like Pine Sol.

Bob Schwartz

Retsina. I actually like the stuff.

Me too! It works really well for tough cleaning jobs.

Wouldn't catch me drinking the stuff though.

Bob Schwartz
Old August 20th 09, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Donald Munro wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
Have you tried shots of ouzo?

Paul B. Anders wrote:
You, too? You know, I don't think I've ever had ouzo, I'm going to try
it the next time I'm in a bar and get back to you on it.

Schwartz can probably direct you to a bar in Philly where you get a free
hooker with your ouzo.

I'd rather go here www.monkscafe.com

Food cooked in Belgian beer!