Custom saddle for buttocks?

Old May 18th 10, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
cyclist21

Default Custom saddle for buttocks?

Hi

* This is a genuine post, thank you. *

I have an ailment that means my buttocks are not of equal size. It's
not a huge deal because only part of your bum rests on a saddle, but I
want to be more comfortable.

Can anyone suggest a seat which I could easily butcher myself (to
reduce one side), or a seat cover/ padding. I am looking for something
where I can get at the filling without completely destroying the
outside of it? Any ideas.
Old May 18th 10, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

cyclist21 wrote:

I have an ailment that means my buttocks are not of equal size. It's
not a huge deal because only part of your bum rests on a saddle, but I
want to be more comfortable.

Can anyone suggest a seat which I could easily butcher myself (to
reduce one side), or a seat cover/ padding. I am looking for something
where I can get at the filling without completely destroying the
outside of it? Any ideas.

Saddle covers are available with a gel pad, the idea is you pull them
over a notionally uncomfortable saddle. I imagine you could selectively
butcher one of those without costing yourself too much (Google suggests
Sainsbury's have them at £3.99, for example).

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old May 18th 10, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
cyclist21

On 18 May, 10:30, Peter Clinch wrote:
cyclist21 wrote:
I have an ailment that means my buttocks are not of equal size. It's
not a huge deal because only part of your bum rests on a saddle, but I
want to be more comfortable.

Can anyone suggest a seat which I could easily butcher myself (to
reduce one side), or a seat cover/ padding. I am looking for something
where I can get at the filling without completely destroying the
outside of it? Any ideas.

Saddle covers are available with a gel pad, the idea is you pull them
over a notionally uncomfortable saddle. *I imagine you could selectively
butcher one of those without costing yourself too much (Google suggests
Sainsbury's have them at £3.99, for example).
'

Nice one! I'm off to the cromwell road.
Old May 18th 10, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_4_]

"cyclist21" wrote in message
Hi

* This is a genuine post, thank you. *

I have an ailment that means my buttocks are not of equal size. It's
not a huge deal because only part of your bum rests on a saddle, but I
want to be more comfortable.

Can anyone suggest a seat which I could easily butcher myself (to
reduce one side), or a seat cover/ padding. I am looking for something
where I can get at the filling without completely destroying the
outside of it? Any ideas.

Have you tried a naan bread? I find that they are just the right shape and
are available in a variety of sizes.

Old May 18th 10, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Is it a good swap?
Old May 18th 10, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Tue, 18 May 2010 02:19:43 -0700 (PDT)
cyclist21 wrote:

Hi

* This is a genuine post, thank you. *

I have an ailment that means my buttocks are not of equal size. It's
not a huge deal because only part of your bum rests on a saddle, but I
want to be more comfortable.

It's the bony bits you sit on that really matter for saddle fit and
comfort - no amount of squidgy or high-tech padding will make up for
the basic width and angle being wrong.

FS: Custom team clothing design service/semi custom templates Razor Marketplace 0 October 30th 08 01:35 AM
Rear buttocks study released ti-rider Recumbent Biking 0 December 6th 05 05:03 AM
Painful buttocks [email protected] UK 8 June 19th 05 05:02 PM
How about a custom saddle maker? Bestest Handsander Techniques 15 March 15th 05 08:24 PM
Custom vs non-custom frame Simonb UK 8 February 29th 04 06:55 PM