quality question on road bikes

Old May 5th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default quality question on road bikes

hi,
im new to bikes and i am thinking about purchasing a road bike and it
as been a while since i had one when i was a kid(about 10 years). that
is the only bikes i had were kmart brand, which isnt bad for a kid.
anyways, i looked around and searche on www and the one that really
interest me is the one w/ the arm rests that specialized offers for
$1500. now i rrally wanted the trek 2.1s.p.a but after finding a shop
that has specialized i found that trek is way overpriced. i mean i
really dont care about the carbon frames and all. yeah the weight
matters but not for someone like me. anyways the Equinox 11 from trek
and the Transition Elite from specialized are the same to me. yeah the
carbon and the top quality cassete and so forth does appeal to me but i
just dont have that kind a money and that is why i need help. i have a
$1600 and i rerally want a road bike and the ones i like ar ethe ones
w/ arm rests. now the trek 2.1spa is nice and it doesent have an arm
rest but it has the suspenison that specialized does not. what do u
think. i know tha u cant compare trek to specialized or giant but i
feel that trek is way overpirced and that is why i am looking into
specialized. any coments please ? i really dont know anything about
specialized. can u help

Old May 5th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
[...]

Don't pay any attention to those who accuse you of being a troll.

But as to your real question. It doesn't matter. But the red bike. As
long as it's red the frame brand and components don't matter. Assuming,
of course, that you can get handle bar tape to match.

It's all about looking good!

Old May 6th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"gds" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
[...]

Red bikes get pulled over by cops more often. White is pretty safe. Black
attracts sunlight and will slow you down.

Old May 6th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Why bother. Target sells Schwinns. Skip the bike shop and buy a real Schwinn
for a decent price. Did you not always want a Schwinn as a kid ?

Old May 6th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
[...]

With the money you're ready to spend, as long as you go to a decent
local bike shop you'll get a very good bike. Get a bike that fits - but
that's redundant at any "decent LBS."

Those "arm rests" can be strapped on later if you want 'em bad enough.

--
Lynn Wallace
http://www.xmission.com/~lawall
Old May 6th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote in message
[...]

I'm sure all the bikes you're considering will do what you need.

This group talks about bicycle racing. You will do better asking your
questions on news:rec.bicycles.misc or news:rec.bicycles.tech or,
perhaps better than either of those, the discussion forum of a bicycling
magazine, e.g., try http://www.bicycling.com and click on "Community"
where you'll find their discussion forums. http://www.epinions.com is
another site you might want to visit.

Good luck to you.

-S-

Old May 6th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Jim Flom wrote:
"gds" wrote in message
ups.com...
wrote:
[...]

In my town, bikes ridden by FEMALES get pulled over the most. This is
true of cars as well. To be more specific, I'm talking about good
looking females. So I'd put off that sex change you were planning. Or
else have them ensure that you turn out ugly.