Yellow's New Meaning For Armstrong

Old June 7th 11, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

Default Yellow's New Meaning For Armstrong

Investigation Cited
Trek spokesman Bill Mashek declined to comment in an e-mail, citing the
federal investigation, and Nissan spokesman David Reuter said that a
2010 commercial featuring Armstrong was no longer in the company’s rotation.
RadioShack spokesman Eric Bruner said in an e-mail that “we recognize
the serious nature of the allegations.” He said the company was “proud
of the good work we’ve accomplished with Livestrong and Team RadioShack.”
The allegations against Armstrong are likely to lead to concerns about
using him as a pitchman, according to Darin David, an account director
at The Marketing Arm in Dallas.
“Yellow has always been the color of the Tour de France leader and it’s
the color associated with Livestrong,” David said in a telephone
interview. “Now, it’s more like yellow is a caution to brands when
associated with him.”
Linn, the charity founder and cancer patient, called Hamilton’s
allegations “very upsetting.”
“I don’t care about the biking (scandal), I just know that the world
will, and that will make me very sad,” she said.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...0-million.html
Old June 7th 11, 08:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jimmy July[_3_]

On 06/07/2011 11:44 AM, BL wrote:

The allegations against Armstrong are likely to lead to concerns about
using him as a pitchman, according to Darin David, an account director
at The Marketing Arm in Dallas.

Honestly, though, Armstrong hasn't been relevant since 2005. That ought
to be the biggest concern. If it wasn't for the passion he continues to
excite among his fans (BL, Anton, et. al.) we would have all forgotten
him long ago.
Old June 7th 11, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Choppy Warburton

On Jun 7, 2:43*pm, Jimmy July wrote:
On 06/07/2011 11:44 AM, BL wrote:

The allegations against Armstrong are likely to lead to concerns about
using him as a pitchman, according to Darin David, an account director
at The Marketing Arm in Dallas.

Honestly, though, Armstrong hasn't been relevant since 2005. That ought
to be the biggest concern. If it wasn't for the passion he continues to
excite among his fans (BL, Anton, et. al.) we would have all forgotten
him long ago.

Magilla Gorilla puts Weiner to shame for the hard on he has for
Lance.
Old June 7th 11, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

On 6/7/2011 3:43 PM, Jimmy July wrote:
On 06/07/2011 11:44 AM, BL wrote:

The allegations against Armstrong are likely to lead to concerns about
using him as a pitchman, according to Darin David, an account director
at The Marketing Arm in Dallas.

Honestly, though, Armstrong hasn't been relevant since 2005. That ought
to be the biggest concern. If it wasn't for the passion he continues to
excite among his fans (BL, Anton, et. al.) we would have all forgotten
him long ago.

Different issue. He's been raking money in from speaking and other
appearances. The point being made in the article is that there may be a
negative shift--yellow as in caution.