FS - 2003 Tour Tapes

Old July 4th 03, 04:19 PM
Davey Crockett

Default FS - 2003 Tour Tapes

I will have the complete 2003 Tour de France videotaped

There will probably be 23 tapes in all

Offers please from anyone seriously interested in buying these tp

Old July 4th 03, 08:01 PM
Shawn Jelley

do the words against the law mean anything to anyone around here. depending
on where you are located, copyrighted telecasts are not permitted to be
bought and sold from what i have seen. or maybe thats just the way it is in
the US with the MPAA crawling up everyone's shorts.

on the other hand, not that 'against the law' ever stopped me from dl'ing
copyrighted material before, how much would you want for it ?
i only ask because i am without OLN here in the states and probably will
have to deal with the 1 hour/week BS.

Old July 4th 03, 09:01 PM
Nick Burns

How did they turn out?

news

Old July 4th 03, 09:20 PM
Per Elmsäter

Nick Burns wrote:
How did they turn out?

I hope Lance won

--
Perre

Old July 4th 03, 10:56 PM
Davey Crockett

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 19:01:11 +0000, Shawn Jelley wrote:

do the words against the law mean anything to anyone around here. depending
on where you are located, copyrighted telecasts are not permitted to be
bought and sold from what i have seen. or maybe thats just the way it is in
the US with the MPAA crawling up everyone's shorts.

on the other hand, not that 'against the law' ever stopped me from dl'ing
copyrighted material before, how much would you want for it ?
i only ask because i am without OLN here in the states and probably will
have to deal with the 1 hour/week BS.

Please respond to if you are interested. In actual
fact the cost of the tapes is minimal and shipping will be the major price
element I think
Old July 4th 03, 11:36 PM
David Ryan

Shawn Jelley wrote:

do the words against the law mean anything to anyone around here. depending
on where you are located, copyrighted telecasts are not permitted to be
bought and sold from what i have seen. or maybe thats just the way it is in
the US with the MPAA crawling up everyone's shorts.

on the other hand, not that 'against the law' ever stopped me from dl'ing
copyrighted material before, how much would you want for it ?
i only ask because i am without OLN here in the states and probably will
have to deal with the 1 hour/week BS.

Where did he say anything about telecast?
I thought he had his own moto and home camera ;-)
Old July 6th 03, 02:42 PM
Squidvark

"Davey Crockett" wrote:

I will have the complete 2003 Tour de France videotaped

There will probably be 23 tapes in all

Offers please from anyone seriously interested in buying these tp

Wouldn't folks rather have it on DVD than videotape? Shipping would be
much less, the quality much better, etc.
Old July 6th 03, 07:27 PM
Nick Burns

How many people have DVD burners these days? How much time will 2/3 GB
(typical CD) hold in MPEG-2 @ 480i?

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 08:42:42 -0500, Squidvark wrote:

"Davey Crockett" wrote:

I will have the complete 2003 Tour de France videotaped

There will probably be 23 tapes in all

Offers please from anyone seriously interested in buying these tp

Wouldn't folks rather have it on DVD than videotape? Shipping would be
much less, the quality much better, etc.

Got old iron here dude, but apart from my inability to produce a DVD, I
totally agree

Old July 9th 03, 09:07 PM
Squidvark

"Nick Burns" wrote:

How many people have DVD burners these days? How much time will 2/3 GB
(typical CD) hold in MPEG-2 @ 480i?

I have a DVD burner.

A SVCD will hold 44-60 mins though an hour is really pushing it. The
last time I tried, I could not get cycling footage to look smooth even
at 44 mins/CD. But that was with a different MPEG2 encoder. I found
that cycling has more motion than regular TV/movies and results in
more artifacts. With the encoder I'm currently using, it might be
possible to get 44 mins/disc w/o artifacts but ever since I got the
DVD burner, there's no point.

I figure 2 stages will fit on a DVD.