shogun bike

Old September 25th 03, 05:33 PM
Willowbeauty

Default shogun bike

"ADE" wrote in message
http://www.discountbicycles.co.uk/shogun/xc300l.jpg

im thinking of buying a shogun bike (made by claud butler)

has any used these or any advice on them

I've got a Shogun aluminium road frame I use for time-trialing. Have to say
its a pretty cheap and cheerful piece of kit and as its mostly going in
straight lines and on the road its OK, but I wouldn't fancy testing out the
strength of the frame elsewhere tbh- like I said, seems a bit cheap and
cheerful.

Are you sure that one is made by CB, I seem to recall that Shogun are cheap
imported frames, hence quite a few companies were trying to flog them a few
years back, but then that was road frames, so maybe this is different.

Old September 26th 03, 02:37 AM
Bigman

Ade wrote:
http://www.discountbicycles.co.uk/sh...www.discountb-
icycles.co.uk/shogun/xc300l.jpg
im thinking of buying a shogun bike (made by claud butler)
has any used these or any advice on them

Do you really need full sus? If so be prepared to pay alot more than
that for something that will be effective. Even if you're going to be
riding technical single track a rigid will do you better unless you're
downhill racing. For the same money you'd get a lighter, better
equiped rigid.