wheel problems

Old July 5th 05, 10:19 PM
habbywall

Default wheel problems

okay, so i just went around the block and it feels like the wheel is
wanting to slowly turn to the right, it is on a torker cx, does anybody
know why this is?

--
habbywall

It takes twice the man to ride half the bike.
habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

Old July 5th 05, 10:28 PM
carsonpalooza

This could be because the seat isn't straight or the bolts on the fork
that hold in the axel could be tightened to different amount to that the
wheel leans one way. If it is the bolts it really obvious because the
wheel should be in the center of the fork not to the side. Most likely,
it's the seat.

--
carsonpalooza

If at first you don't succeed , skydiving is not for you
carsonpalooza's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10085

Old July 5th 05, 10:42 PM
One on one

carsonpalooza wrote:
*This could be because the seat isn't straight or the bolts on the
fork that hold in the axel could be tightened to different amount to
that the wheel leans one way. If it is the bolts it really obvious
because the wheel should be in the center of the fork not to the side.
Most likely, it's the seat. *

Are you a new rider. If so,

I’ve learned that the turn in my new unicycle disappeared as my riding
technique improved.

--
One on one - Proud member of the UALW and GUA

"However, like the jet pilot, if the Coker rider tries to turn too fast,
he/she could black out."
-Memphis Mud

I went further than I had planned and had a testicle break at about 25
ks
-onebyone

One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740

Old July 5th 05, 10:51 PM
LikeableRodent

I agree with One on one that it's probably just your technique.

When I first started riding unassisted I had a tendancy to ever so
slowly veer to the left, but that disappeared once my technique
improved.

I'm betting that once you get better it will slowly cease to be an
issue.

--
LikeableRodent
LikeableRodent's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10154

Old July 5th 05, 11:03 PM
johnfoss

Also, ride on the opposite side of the road and see if the uni still
pulls to the right. It could be the crown in the road.

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Snaping Spokes [email protected] Techniques 82 March 8th 05 04:34 PM
Strongest Coker Wheel in the World!!! Brian MacKenzie Unicycling 13 March 8th 05 01:42 AM
Wheel problems ICP8456 Unicycling 3 January 8th 05 04:09 AM
Wheelbuilding issues Nate Knutson Techniques 13 May 9th 04 03:29 PM
Custom 24" MTB wheel with Hugi 240 hub (with 2 tires) - New IronDad Marketplace 1 April 13th 04 06:19 PM