# of unicyclists in the U.S

Old March 4th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tjheller

Default # of unicyclists in the U.S

Asking the manufacturers how many unis they've sold would be irrelevant
as well. I own 6 and I suspect that most of us HERE probably own more
than one as well. I'll bet that 3/4 of uni sales in the US are to
people like us who actually make a habit of riding, the other 1/4 to
newbs who might try a few times then quit. It takes determination to
learn to ride one of these. I've tried to convince my co-workers to try
and everyone says, "hell no". Then I pull out the 5 footer.

--
tjheller
tjheller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13578

Old March 4th 07, 01:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

tjheller wrote:
Asking the manufacturers how many unis they've sold would be irrelevant
as well. I own 6 and I suspect that most of us HERE probably own more
than one as well. I'll bet that 3/4 of uni sales in the US are to
people like us who actually make a habit of riding, the other 1/4 to
newbs who might try a few times then quit. It takes determination to
learn to ride one of these. I've tried to convince my co-workers to try
and everyone says, "hell no". Then I pull out the 5 footer.

Well, first of all, you need to update the figures in the 'uni count'
thread. You only had 4 when you first posted in there

But, yes, most people do own more than one. And what that thread tells
us is that people own an average of 3.142 unicycles. So, as long as
that's taken in to account, then figures from the manufacturers could
be useful.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
semach.the.monkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12078

UK unicyclists..... Nugz Unicycling 0 November 23rd 06 12:39 PM
best unicyclists francistorker Unicycling 30 November 10th 06 07:17 AM
Pro Unicyclists benjaug Unicycling 35 July 13th 06 12:47 AM
How many unicyclists out there? tylercox Unicycling 29 October 27th 05 02:43 PM
Really old unicyclists elmer Unicycling 14 February 17th 04 05:52 PM