Speeds typical of advanced recreational riders

Old August 10th 05, 03:59 AM
HellenWheels

Default Speeds typical of advanced recreational riders

Can someone give me a rough idea of what the top speed is of a very good
recreational rider on the flats, no wind? I'm hearing numbers like "over
40mph" (64kph).

What about ITTing? I'm hearing numbers like 30mph (48kph). What is the
shortest normal distance for an ITT - 10km?

Is this possible outside the pro ranks? What would the wattage needed to
generate this kind of speed. My online calculator says over 1500watts. Is
that believable

Old August 10th 05, 04:06 AM
flyingdutch

HellenWheels Wrote:
Can someone give me a rough idea of what the top speed is of a ver
good
recreational rider on the flats, no wind? I'm hearing numbers lik
"over
40mph" (64kph).

What about ITTing? I'm hearing numbers like 30mph (48kph). What is the
shortest normal distance for an ITT - 10km?

Is this possible outside the pro ranks? What would the wattage neede
generate this kind of speed. My online calculator says over 1500watts
Is
that believable

well, Im not good, nor fit but i hit 64kph in a finishing straigh
sprint in a crit a few months back. I immediately after that did
beautiful impersonation of a person dieing

'Alajet' hit 73kph in a sprint finish a few months back bu that wa
after having a 'train' of teammates to lead him ou

--
flyingdutch

Old August 10th 05, 04:39 AM
Michael Warner

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:59:03 -0400, HellenWheels wrote:

Can someone give me a rough idea of what the top speed is of a very good
recreational rider on the flats, no wind? I'm hearing numbers like "over
40mph" (64kph).

I don't race, so I guess I qualify. I can touch 60km/h while sprinting.

What about ITTing? I'm hearing numbers like 30mph (48kph). What is the
shortest normal distance for an ITT - 10km?

On a TT bike? I've never tried one. On my road bike I'd probably be
8-10km/h slower than that.

Old August 10th 05, 04:49 AM
Tamyka Bell

flyingdutch wrote:

HellenWheels Wrote:
Can someone give me a rough idea of what the top speed is of a very
good
recreational rider on the flats, no wind? I'm hearing numbers like
"over
40mph" (64kph).

What about ITTing? I'm hearing numbers like 30mph (48kph). What is the
shortest normal distance for an ITT - 10km?

Is this possible outside the pro ranks? What would the wattage needed
generate this kind of speed. My online calculator says over 1500watts.
Is
that believable

well, Im not good, nor fit but i hit 64kph in a finishing straight
sprint in a crit a few months back. I immediately after that did a
beautiful impersonation of a person dieing

'Alajet' hit 73kph in a sprint finish a few months back bu that was
after having a 'train' of teammates to lead him out

--
flyingdutch

And did he do the right thing and give them all BJ's at the end? Lotte's
not misleading me here, is she?

Tam
Old August 10th 05, 05:13 AM
flyingdutch

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

And did he do the right thing and give them all BJ's at the end
Lotte's
not misleading me here, is she?

Tam

you are a troubled young woman, Tamyka.
you shall be in my prayers tonight for salvation from the pooty-mout
affliction you carry

oh, fuggit. you mean you gotta dole out BJ's to get someone to lead yo
out? damn it. Why didnt Carl mention that?? or was that why he kep
winking at me like that and Im just a little slow to 'catch on' ??

--
flyingdutch

Old August 10th 05, 05:42 AM
Tamyka Bell

flyingdutch wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

And did he do the right thing and give them all BJ's at the end?
Lotte's
not misleading me here, is she?

Tam

you are a troubled young woman, Tamyka.
you shall be in my prayers tonight for salvation from the pooty-mouth
affliction you carry

thanks!

oh, fuggit. you mean you gotta dole out BJ's to get someone to lead you
out? damn it. Why didnt Carl mention that?? or was that why he kept
winking at me like that and Im just a little slow to 'catch on' ???

Well, Lotte's been telling me this, I don't know... I haven't been led
out or led anyone out so I'm not really sure of the protocol... whether
it's a pre- or post- event payment etc...

TamBum
Old August 10th 05, 06:16 AM
flyingdutch

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

Well, Lotte's been telling me this, I don't know... I haven't been led
out or led anyone out so I'm not really sure of the protocol..
whether
it's a pre- or post- event payment etc...

TamBum

Ms Lotte is obviously a bad influence upon your impressionable youn
sole!
obviously the only cure that will save you is to become old, wisened
and slower

PS if that doesnt work, read this site:

http://maddox.xmission.com/

especially the hatemail stuff. my tummy hurts from larfing so much...

--
flyingdutch

Old August 10th 05, 06:49 AM
Tamyka Bell

flyingdutch wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

Well, Lotte's been telling me this, I don't know... I haven't been led
out or led anyone out so I'm not really sure of the protocol...
whether
it's a pre- or post- event payment etc...

TamBum

Ms Lotte is obviously a bad influence upon your impressionable young
sole!
obviously the only cure that will save you is to become old, wisened,
and slower

PS if that doesnt work, read this site:

http://maddox.xmission.com/

especially the hatemail stuff. my tummy hurts from larfing so much....

--
flyingdutch

That site is great... I might have to blog it muahahaha
Old August 10th 05, 08:28 AM
TimC

On 2005-08-10, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)
Ms Lotte is obviously a bad influence upon your impressionable young
sole!

I thought she got a new sole.

If I was in another froup right now, Terri would BLAM! me.

--
TimC
"I give up," said Pierre de Fermat's friend. "How DO you keep a
Old August 10th 05, 08:43 AM
mogulhead

HellenWheels Wrote:
Can someone give me a rough idea of what the top speed is of a ver
good
recreational rider on the flats, no wind? I'm hearing numbers lik
"over
40mph" (64kph).

What about ITTing? I'm hearing numbers like 30mph (48kph). What is the
shortest normal distance for an ITT - 10km?

Is this possible outside the pro ranks? What would the wattage neede
generate this kind of speed. My online calculator says over 1500watts
Is
that believable

Don't know what you mean by a very good recreational rider but I rac
C-grade and the fastest sprint on the flat I have done alone is abou
58kmh. There was a slight tail wind. A normal sprint is about 56kmh.
don't consider myself a sprinter. If I could sprint to 64kmh I think
would blitz C grade. ITT I have no idea. Just hope to go slightl
faster than the other guys.

Cheer

--
mogulhead