Looking for new carry case for commuting

Old July 6th 05, 09:43 PM
dgk

Default Looking for new carry case for commuting

It is raining a lot around here. Anyone have a comment on this one?

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=
Old July 7th 05, 02:15 PM
bryanska

Should be OK, although scrounge around for a can of waterproofing spray
after 1 season's use.

Assuming you'll carry it, no handle to carry it with? Or quick-release?

Old July 7th 05, 05:30 PM
dgk

On 7 Jul 2005 06:15:53 -0700, "bryanska"
wrote:

Should be OK, although scrounge around for a can of waterproofing spray
after 1 season's use.

Assuming you'll carry it, no handle to carry it with? Or quick-release?

Don't know about a quick release, I'm guessing it has those velco
straps that fit under the rack. But the blurb mentions a handy
removable shoulder strap.
Old July 9th 05, 01:04 PM
BobT

"dgk" wrote in message
It is raining a lot around here. Anyone have a comment on this one?

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

I think this rack attaches with several velcro strips. It is a little bit
of trouble if you want to take it off and on all the time. Also, it won't
be waterproof without a cover. Water gets in through the zippers when it is
really wet. I own a very similar bag.

I would suggest the commuter pannier from Jannd. It goes on and off the
bike in seconds. A waterproof cover is available. Its size and shape are
much more suitable for what I need to pack to work. The lower center of
gravity of a pannier versus a "trunk rack" is helpful if you are carrying
much weight. They are a bit more expensive but worth it in my opinion.
This is a very well designed and contructed bag. It own one.
http://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FCP

BobT

Old July 9th 05, 01:06 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

At Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:43:17 -0400, message
was posted by dgk
, including some, all or
none of the following:

It is raining a lot around here.

Rain says to me Ortlieb or Vaude. I have an Ortlieb Bike-Box rack
pack which has been 100% waterproof in daily commuting for some years,
it also has a quick release mounting.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk