Seat for Enlarged Prostrate

Old July 11th 05, 03:27 AM

Default Seat for Enlarged Prostrate

Hi my doctor almost shot me when he discovered I was riding my motorcycle
with an enlarged prostrate. I do not use the motorcycle every day, usually a
day or two a week and it is a cruiser not a sport bike that you are sitting
on your prostrate. I have talked to a couple other doctors and they could
not see a problem with a cruiser but they said a bicycle would be different.
I read a post earlier in this group about unsual seat with two pads and it
seem that these seat would leave your prostrate alone. Does anybody have
any experience with these seats and an enlarge prostrate. I would not be
riding long distance, I just want to get some exercise but it would be on a
dirth road.

Thanks guys
Eric
Old July 11th 05, 03:48 AM
Brian Wax

Wow! I would be more concerned about the therapy to reduce the size of the
prostate gland. In fact, I do not see how it fits in the problem with
bicycling. I would consult a doctor in sports medicine. I may be speaking
from ignorance, but when I had my last physical including a prostate exam, I
can tell you (from my experience) it is a long way from the seat.

If sitting on your urethra is the problem, then there are many different
seats. So the question is: do you need to relieve pressure from your urethra
or is the problem further up stream?

There are many good saddles that provide the relief in the area in question.
I prefer the Selle Italia Flite Trans Am. Terry makes a good center cut
saddle as well