cordless computer range for bents

Old October 3rd 03, 09:28 AM
meb

Default cordless computer range for bents

I picked up a Cateye 2 cordless computer. The transmitter is working
but, my handlebars are about 100cm from the sensor mounting points
front or rear.

The specification says the transmitter has a 70cm range, and if I hold
the receiver near the transmitter, it seems to have a 70-80cm range.

Does anyone know of cordless units with more transmitter range?

Has anyone tried adding an antenna to this receiver (yeah I know it
partially defeats the purpose).

Old October 3rd 03, 07:50 PM
Steve Fox

Meb,

I have a Performance Axiom 10 Wireless. Got a space bar which I
attached to the bottom of the handlebars (next to where they attach to
the stem. My wheel mount is close to the dropout. Performance says the
range is 2 ft., and that seems to be the case.

Steve

meb wrote:

I picked up a Cateye 2 cordless computer. The transmitter is working
but, my handlebars are about 100cm from the sensor mounting points
front or rear.

The specification says the transmitter has a 70cm range, and if I hold
the receiver near the transmitter, it seems to have a 70-80cm range.

Does anyone know of cordless units with more transmitter range?

Has anyone tried adding an antenna to this receiver (yeah I know it
partially defeats the purpose).

Steve Fox
McKinleyville, CA
http://SoTier2003.crazyguyonabike.com