Seats: Vision VS RANS?

Old October 11th 03, 05:19 AM
Tom Sherman

Default Seats: Vision VS RANS?

WizeGuy wrote:

Which one is the most comfortable for a position with BB in-line
or sligthly lower than the seat?

You are a wise guy, trying to start a religious flame war between the
Visionaries and the Church of RANS.

Tom Sherman - Near the confluence of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers
Old October 11th 03, 05:48 AM
WizeGuy

Old October 11th 03, 11:54 AM
TBRADSTER

I own both a Rocket and a VR40. I find the Vision seat much more comfortable.
This is a highly individual choice, though. Most people who own them swear by
the RANS seats. I think that they are very comfortable, just not a much so as
the Vision seat.

Brad
Rocket, GRR, VR40
Old October 11th 03, 02:13 PM
bentbiker

they both have pros and cons: Pros: RANS-higher seat back, built in
lumbar [some do not like that though] water cage mounts VISION- full
mess, no pressure points on the bottom, easier to install.

Old October 12th 03, 03:20 AM
DeVon

Tom Sherman wrote:
WizeGuy wrote:

Which one is the most comfortable for a position with BB in-line
or sligthly lower than the seat?

You are a wise guy, trying to start a religious flame war between the
Visionaries and the Church of RANS.

Tom Sherman - Near the confluence of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers

Actually lumbar support is easily customized on a Vision seat using
the straps which attach the seat-back fabric. This could likely be
accomplished on a RANS as well, but on a Vision it is extremely easy
to adjust/dial in.

I've not done more than 20 miles on a RANS but after 30 miles on a
Bacchetta seat (which felt oh-so-comfortable at first), my back-side
was telling me not to mess with a good thing. This (along with my
preference for USS) really was the deciding factor between buying my
4th Vision (now on my 5th) or my first Bacchetta.

DeVon
Vision 44.5 (USS/Pantour hub)