Any girls doing this? (Guys can ignore this thread.)

Old August 10th 07, 06:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

Default Any girls doing this? (Guys can ignore this thread.)

On 2007-08-10, LotteBum (aka Bruce)

Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:
Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
me.)

Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to
any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a
scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

I live in a rural town, and can't even pick me up a scrubber!

--
TimC
Imagine what a tipped over tractor-trailer formerly

Not half as messy as a truckload of oranges.

Or a hovercraft full of eels. -- Tanuki on ASR
Old August 10th 07, 09:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 05:37:09 +0000, TimC wrote:

I live in a rural town, and can't even pick me up a scrubber!

That's because you keep inviting them back to your place to see your 3.9
meter tool.

--
Dave Hughes |
Any commentary about doing something "for the children" has no place in
Old August 10th 07, 10:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

BT Humble wrote:
Terryc wrote:

I'm just wondering why the "girls" look a bit tired and if the
"organisers" are "swingers"

I think you're drawing a pretty long bow with that leap of logic.

The two girls in one pic looked like they were at the wrong end of a
hard century or something. YMMV. I remember the women who came on rides
I organised as being fresher in the face.

If you want to post this sort of pic, you'd post a bright cheerful face,
but as I said, YMMV.

In my experience. any recreational bicycle ride wasa good place to meet
other single people. I guess it depended on your style and interests as
to which worked best for you.

Old August 11th 07, 04:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dancier[_19_]

Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:
Great Singles Bike Ride

http://www.greatsinglesbikeride.com.au/index.htm

Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
me.)

Dorfus

If you want the girls then go horse riding, cycling is generally to
hard from what i've seen and they are often a lot slower so you tend to
do a lot of waiting. Mind you there are some fast ones around but they
generally have some fast guys nearby.

--
Dancier

Old August 12th 07, 04:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Michael Warner[_2_]

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:51:30 +1000, LotteBum wrote:

Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to
any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a
scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

It's nothing a decent shower can't fix. Diamonds in the rough :-)
Old August 12th 07, 04:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Michael Warner[_2_]

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:05:08 +0800, Theo Bekkers wrote:

Country towns don't have any scrubbers Lotte. With an unmarried young male
to female ratio of 5:1, all the chicks are highly desirable babes.

As are most of the livestock.
Old August 12th 07, 04:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-08-12, Michael Warner (aka Bruce)
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:51:30 +1000, LotteBum wrote:

Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to
any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a
scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

It's nothing a decent shower can't fix. Diamonds in the rough :-)

Actually, having found out about Fake Steve Jobs yesterday, I'm
thinking of bike helmet girl. Yummy.

--
TimC
When some other esteemed editor reposts this, it'll be the Periodic
Old August 12th 07, 10:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

On Aug 10, 7:04 pm, Terryc wrote:
BTHumble wrote:
Terryc wrote:
I'm just wondering why the "girls" look a bit tired and if the
"organisers" are "swingers"

I think you're drawing a pretty long bow with that leap of logic.

The two girls in one pic looked like they were at the wrong end of a
hard century or something. YMMV. I remember the women who came on rides
I organised as being fresher in the face.

If you want to post this sort of pic, you'd post a bright cheerful face,
but as I said, YMMV.

In my experience. any recreational bicycle ride wasa good place to meet
other single people. I guess it depended on your style and interests as
to which worked best for you.

I'm still having a difficult time seeing how a picture of two tired
lady cyclists == swinger's weekend.

BTH

Old August 12th 07, 10:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

On 2007-08-10, LotteBum (aka Bruce)
Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:
Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
me.)

Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to
any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a
scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

I live in a rural town, and can't even pick me up a scrubber!

My lovely wife advises going on a weekend gig with this organisation:

http://www.conservationvolunteers.com.au/

I've been on to a couple of them, and the female:male ratio is about
5:1. And they're generally sweet, dedicated, energetic young things
too. ;-)

BTH

Old August 12th 07, 04:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

BT Humble wrote:

I'm still having a difficult time seeing how a picture of two tired
lady cyclists == swinger's weekend.

Seperate issues.
One was a choice of graphic for marketting.
Tother was a question "why are they organising it"