Bike Related Finance

Old April 10th 07, 12:45 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

Default Bike Related Finance

Brendo wrote:

do the math?

do the maths!

uggghhh!
Old April 10th 07, 10:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Nick Payne

Rivendell have off the shelf frames in sizes up to 68cm. Not racing frames
though, and not cheap:
http://www.rivbike.com/files/RAMBOUILLET_GEOMETRY.html.

"Brendo" wrote in message
ups.com...
After discovering that bikes don't come off the shelf in my size, and
custom jobs are a bit pricier than what I budgeted for, I am looking
for a 'finance' arrangement. Basically where you pay 36 monthly
installments, and at the end of the term, it's yours (or you have to
pay a small amount). I have looked at Flexiway, and it looks OK, but
are there any other organisations out there that will offer a similar
thing? I'm looking at around $2500, which will cover both the frame
construction and the transferring of all the goodies off the 60cm c-c
frame I have now. I am not anticipating being able to offload the 60cm
frame for more than a few hundred at best. An initial deposit of
around $500 is likely to be available, but with a baby coming, any
amounts of cash above that are probably required for other uses.

Old April 10th 07, 11:09 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Snuffy[_4_]

Duncan Wrote:
the trick here is to take up on the oft-proffered balance transfer
offers... I did that with a debt some time ago and then promptly
cancelled the card straight after it was paid off.

Until of course you try to apply for a home or personal loan and the
banker looks at your credit history and says "You've applied for HOW
MANY credit cards?!"

--
Snuffy

Old April 11th 07, 12:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

On Apr 11, 5:20 am, "Nick Payne" wrote:
Rivendell have off the shelf frames in sizes up to 68cm. Not racing frames
though, and not cheap:http://www.rivbike.com/files/RAMBOUILLET_GEOMETRY.html.

I can get one custom built here in Australia, to the specs I want,
for less than I can buy one there. I have looked at them, but thought
this was a far better option

Brendo

Old April 11th 07, 12:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Listening to the radio this morning and there was an adv for GE Card. No
interest on purchases for the first 6 months then 9.9%. Watch out for the
annual fees, they didn't mention them.

Theo