Skidding on a fixie - sans brakes

Old February 14th 08, 11:38 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Default Skidding on a fixie - sans brakes

BT Humble wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
BT Humble wrote:
[1]http://www.smallsolar.org/BTH/budgetbike/BILDc003.htm

Hahahahaha! For some reason it reminds me of a quote from a friend of
mine... "if it ain't fixed it's broke"

25 trips to the shops, left outside unlocked every time, and *still*
nobody will steal it!

You've gotta stop shopping at "Ye Olde Worlde Wares". People probably
think the bike's there as a prop!
Old February 16th 08, 04:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

"BT Humble" wrote in message
Bean Long wrote:
BT Humble wrote:
[1]http://www.smallsolar.org/BTH/budgetbike/BILDc003.htm

Hahahahaha! For some reason it reminds me of a quote from a friend of
mine... "if it ain't fixed it's broke"

25 trips to the shops, left outside unlocked every time, and *still*
nobody will steal it!

I used to leave mine leaning against a post unlocked when I could see it in
the hope that someone would have a go. I figured I could get out there and
recover the bike while they were picking themselves up and examining their
road rash.

Old February 16th 08, 08:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Patrick Keogh

Resound wrote:
"BT Humble" wrote in message
Bean Long wrote:
BT Humble wrote:
[1]http://www.smallsolar.org/BTH/budgetbike/BILDc003.htm
Hahahahaha! For some reason it reminds me of a quote from a friend of
mine... "if it ain't fixed it's broke"

25 trips to the shops, left outside unlocked every time, and *still*
nobody will steal it!

I used to leave mine leaning against a post unlocked when I could see it in
the hope that someone would have a go. I figured I could get out there and
recover the bike while they were picking themselves up and examining their
road rash.

Fair enuf. Today in Civic (Canberra) I walked past a fixie that had a
pretty big ring on the front an a moderate one on the back. No brakes,
toe clips. It wasn't locked, but I thought 'not to many of those who
would steal it could ride it!"
Old February 18th 08, 12:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

lemmiwinks wrote:
So there's no honour among thieves, but apparently there is some sense
of pride ;-)

It'd be funny if it wasn't so obviously true!

Maybe I should attach some sort of token locking device to make it
appear as though it's valuable? ;-)

BTH
Old February 18th 08, 08:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:09:14 -0800 (PST), BT Humble
wrote:

Maybe I should attach some sort of token locking device to make it
appear as though it's valuable? ;-)

You're obviously riding to the wrong shops. Try riding to Charnwood.
Then it will have value, at least to you, how are you going to get
home?
Old February 18th 08, 11:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

wrote:
Maybe I should attach some sort of token locking device to make it
appear as though it's valuable? ;-)

You're obviously riding to the wrong shops. Try riding to Charnwood.
Then it will have value, at least to you, how are you going to get
home?

Charnwood? Well gee, if I'm going to Boganville why don't I just trip
out to Oaks Estate?

BTH

Fixed gear skidding and pedal force [email protected] Techniques 35 November 21st 06 09:45 PM
WTB: brakes for a fixie Jim S Marketplace 1 May 17th 06 05:39 AM
WTB: brakes for fixie Jim S Racing 1 May 17th 06 02:34 AM
New brakes on 27" fixie? Alan Hoyle Techniques 11 July 7th 05 01:15 AM
Fixie frame found, Fuji Questions, and WTB fixie cranks, wheels,bb, seat,& rear rack Tim Lines Techniques 0 August 17th 03 09:52 PM