size matters.

Old February 2nd 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
howdigetsogood

Default size matters.

i was wondering if wheel walk tricks would be easier with a wider tire
or skinnier tire, or any trick for that matter.to me wider seems to be
the obvious choice, but im wrong all the time.

--
howdigetsogood

"simply the best"
today i learened something new!
howdigetsogood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13862

Old February 2nd 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni_jim

width doesn't make a difference, but i found that it is easier on my 24"
than on my 20"

--
uni_jim

Beware of the pixies!
uni_jim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13559

Old February 2nd 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

width does too make a difference....

the wider the tire, the grippier it is. the grippier it is, the harder
it is to turn. the harder it is to turn, the harder it is to correct
sideways when wheelwalking.

--
onelesscar

"my bounty is as boundless as the sea
my love as deep
the more i give to thee the more i have
for both are endless"
onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127

Old February 2nd 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

onelesscar wrote:
width does too make a difference....

the wider the tire, the grippier it is. the grippier it is, the harder
it is to turn. the harder it is to turn, the harder it is to correct
sideways when wheelwalking.

It is easier for me to wheel walk on my 20" freestyle unicycle than my
trials unicycle for precisely that reason.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old February 2nd 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
howdigetsogood

sounds like a great explanation. very plausable.ill belive it.

Old February 2nd 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

its easier for me to do it on my trials because I tend to go MUCH too
fast on a freestyle uni

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old February 2nd 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Radical Reed

I think that its easyer with a small wheel, on my 24'' my legs feels to
crunched up to ww.

--
Radical Reed

'sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'LBS' (http://www.mbps.ca/)
Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

Old February 2nd 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

uni_jim wrote:
width doesn't make a difference, but i found that it is easier on my 24"
than on my 20"

A narrower tire is easier to do sharp turns, spins, and piroets (sp?)
because of a sharper profile as well as less traction.

I think I read John Foss saying it was easier to ww on a 24 (more space
to put his feet) and everything else was equal difficulty or easier on
a 20, but it would take him a while to get used to either wheel size.

--
skilewis74

Old February 2nd 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni_jim

i don't turn much when i ww, so i never noticed that, sorry.

Old February 3rd 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

skilewis74 wrote:
A narrower tire is easier to do sharp turns, spins, and piroets (sp?)
because of a sharper profile as well as less traction.

I think I read John Foss saying it was easier to ww on a 24 (more space
to put his feet) and everything else was equal difficulty or easier on
a 20, but it would take him a while to get used to either wheel size.

if you have an EXTREMELY high seat and you are tall it is much easier
to WW a 24"
but otherwise... 20 for sure..w/ lowish pressure.