WTB: spoke tensionmeter/tensioner??

Old July 17th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
AWN

Default WTB: spoke tensionmeter/tensioner??

I canąt recall the exact correct name but I need the tensioning device for
spokes/wheel building/truing. If any of you have upgraded or strayed away
from using this, I would be interested in hearing what you might want to
part with it. Does anyone manuf one for less than $100-$400? They seem
steep at retail.
Thanks.
Andrew.

Old July 18th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
John Thompson

On 2007-07-17, AWN wrote:

I canąt recall the exact correct name but I need the tensioning device for
spokes/wheel building/truing. If any of you have upgraded or strayed away
from using this, I would be interested in hearing what you might want to
part with it. Does anyone manuf one for less than $100-$400? They seem
steep at retail.

Unless you're intending to build a whole lot of wheels on a
regular basis there's really no reason to invest in a tensiometer. My
experience with them is that they tend to go out of calibration very
easily and can be too much of a hassle to maintain unless you have a
really compelling reason to keep using one.

--

John )
Old July 18th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Noweldrecumbent[_2_]

Park makes a decent one and they aren't overly priced
Dave

Old July 19th 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On Jul 17, 8:24 am, AWN wrote:
I canąt recall the exact correct name but I need the tensioning device for
spokes/wheel building/truing. If any of you have upgraded or strayed away
from using this, I would be interested in hearing what you might want to
part with it. Does anyone manuf one for less than $100-$400? They seem
steep at retail.
Thanks.
Andrew.

Park makes a good, not expensive one..great for the home builder.
Great idea, IMO. Along with a decent spoke wrench, dish tool and stiff
truing stand.

Old July 21st 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On Jul 20, 8:45 pm, AWN wrote:
I appreciate the feedback. I have quality tools otherwise but have always
thought a tension meter may make things easier and safer. I know there are
many thoughts on this.

Well, I have been bulding wheels for over 20 years and after 3000+
wheels, I still use a tension-meter on all the wheels I build. Great
tool for anybody that wishes to do this last small 'artisian' thing
found in cycling(the only other one frame building, IMO).

My truing stand is as stiff as they come - cast
iron.
Thanks,
Andrew.

in article . com, Qui si