When's it enough??

Old August 6th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default When's it enough??

In article . com,
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

On Aug 5, 5:29 am, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
Trying to link everything negative that happens to doping is
ridiculous.
Did you take "Reefer Madness" for an accurate documentary?
This was a scumbag publicity grab. As Howard suggested it has a lot
more in common with Fred Phelps than a decent human being.
Bill C

----------------
Funny you brought up reefer madness,
because I read a news story the other
day that the predictions of permanent
psychosis caused by regular smoking of
pot has now become reality. Of course
when they made reefer madness, it was a
cartoon, because the weed in those days
was more likely to give you headache
than get you high. But a half century
of bio-engineering by potheads has
created a weed that is so strong, that
regular use will cause a certain mental
breakdown.

Dumbass -

That is such an incredible load of crock.

In this country we are surrounded by potheads who function very well.
Personally, I don't like the stuff (puts me to sleep), but have plenty
of friends who are chronic. Don't see any signs of psychosis in any of
them.

Oh, I can buy what he said if you define "permanent psychosis" and "a certain
mental breakdown" as being really forgetful and not very considerate. Otherwise, no.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old August 6th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Jim Flom" wrote in message

Anecdotal. The study said subjects are 200 times more likely to
experience a psychotic episode than non-smokers. Anecdotally, I've seen
it recently in a close family member first-hand. Scared the sh*t out of
us (and I was a daily user back in the day). While we there getting a
mental health eval done, the E.R. doc told us despite what all the
advocates for relaxed laws here in permissive Canada say, he's seen
multiple cases of psychotic delusional thinking in that E.R. from nothing
more than the whacky tobacky. It's real. We've seen it.

You actually are arguing with Henry, the inventor of the greeting,
"Dumbass!"?

He's been on drugs since '81.

Old August 6th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
link.net...
"Jim Flom" wrote in message

Anecdotal. The study said subjects are 200 times more likely to
experience a psychotic episode than non-smokers. Anecdotally, I've seen
it recently in a close family member first-hand. Scared the sh*t out of
us (and I was a daily user back in the day). While we there getting a
mental health eval done, the E.R. doc told us despite what all the
advocates for relaxed laws here in permissive Canada say, he's seen
multiple cases of psychotic delusional thinking in that E.R. from nothing
more than the whacky tobacky. It's real. We've seen it.

You actually are arguing with Henry, the inventor of the greeting,
"Dumbass!"?

Could be worse. I could be arguing with you.

Old August 6th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 5, 2:55 pm, Michael Press wrote:
Donald Munro wrote:

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
But a half century
of bio-engineering by potheads has
created a weed that is so strong, that
regular use will cause a certain mental
breakdown.

Potheads doing bio-engineering must be a haphazard process, a bit like
Shakespeare's monkeys or beavis and butthead do astrophysics.

I'm sure Benjamin is a perfectly adequate astrophysicist.

Sorry dude, what was that? I was looking at
my hand. Have you ever looked at your hand,
I mean _really_ looked at it?

Hey, got any Clif bars?

Ben

Old August 6th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Aug 5, 5:53 pm, Michael Press wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

Not just cyclists. It's the Bob Ojeda Syndrome. From Wiki:
He pitched well in 1988 but was involved in what some consider one of
the most ridiculous accidents in baseball history when he severed the
tip of his left middle finger while trimming his hedges in mid-
September.

I do not believe the stories athletes tell when
recounting their injuries. Hedge trimming accident?
Puhleeeze. A local baseball player suffered serious
injuries in the off-season, told come crapola story,
found out he was doing motorcycle stunts in a parking
lot. Some athlete broke his wrist, said it happened
when the golf cart stopped abruptly; yeah, he was drunk
and riding on top of the golf cart. Anybody believes
these stories lacks a critical facility. They injure
themselves doing stupid ****.

Yeah, like in Ojeda's case, trimming hedges instead of having a
gardener do it. Whether he was drunk, doped or deranged, WTF does it
matter? It's an athlete getting injured gardening theme, not the
usual athlete lying and making stupid excuses theme.

Old August 6th 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Jim Flom wrote:

Anecdotal. The study said subjects are 200 times more likely to experience
a psychotic episode than non-smokers. Anecdotally, I've seen it recently in
a close family member first-hand. Scared the sh*t out of us (and I was a
daily user back in the day). While we there getting a mental health eval
done, the E.R. doc told us despite what all the advocates for relaxed laws
here in permissive Canada say, he's seen multiple cases of psychotic
delusional thinking in that E.R. from nothing more than the whacky tobacky.
It's real. We've seen it.

It was spiked, perhaps with a dusting of PCP. If the dealer gets his
supply from bikers it's likely to happen time to time. Unadulterated pot
will not promote psychosis, but bikers looking to supply the strongest
stuff in the city are prone to adding a little extra to the buds.

You're in BC, right? The only sure solution is to grow it yourself.

Old August 6th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 5, 11:20 pm, Kyle Legate wrote:

It was spiked, perhaps with a dusting of PCP. If the dealer gets his
supply from bikers it's likely to happen time to time. Unadulterated pot
will not promote psychosis, but bikers looking to supply the strongest
stuff in the city are prone to adding a little extra to the buds.

Always interesting to see comments like this from Kyle despite the
medical literature to the contrary.

Old August 6th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

"Kyle Legate" wrote...

It was spiked, perhaps with a dusting of PCP. If the dealer gets his
supply from bikers it's likely to happen time to time. Unadulterated pot
will not promote psychosis, but bikers looking to supply the strongest
stuff in the city are prone to adding a little extra to the buds.

You're in BC, right? The only sure solution is to grow it yourself.

I'd be curious to see you substantiate the above, because I think you're
wrong. The user was smoking daily and throughout the day. But you've got a
point on the latter. The Vancouver Sun reported a year or two ago that the
likelihood of jail time for running a (marijuana) grow-op (eration) does not
tilt higher than 50% until the _seventh_ conviction, and even then it's only
about a 52% likelihood. Grow ops get busted all the time around here, but
you wonder what it is all accomplishing.

Old August 6th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Jim Flom wrote:
Scared the sh*t out of us (and I was a daily user back in the day).

The sermons must have been disjointed.

Old August 6th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

"Donald Munro" wrote in message
om...
Jim Flom wrote:
Scared the sh*t out of us (and I was a daily user back in the day).

The sermons must have been disjointed.

I was more into the Carlos Castaneda at the time, and between the weed and
the peyote, they seemed simply fascinating. To me anyway.