ever have chest pain after?

Old August 17th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

Default ever have chest pain after?

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 16, 6:42 pm, "Jim Flom" wrote:

Anybody else experience this? Did it go away? Did you die soon after?
I'm
thinking of explaining to the doc the troponin aspect and asking about a
blood test and cardiogram.

After you describe your symptoms, I suspect your cardiologist will
order a blood test anyway, and very possibly an angiogram. It is not
rare to have ischemia-related problems in the absence of angina.

OTOH, I once had chest pain after a long ride. To my relief, I
realized I had recently changed the stem height. I put the stem back
where it was and the the pain went away.

Good luck. Let us know what your doc says.

Thanks all for the no-nonsense, cut-the sh*t, get to the doctor counsel. I
could feel the sugar. I went to the E.R. first thing this morning, beat the
morning rush, chest pain in hand, and had a cardiogram done by 8 am.
Thankfully, it was normal! They did an X-ray, ran blood work, and reviewed
ultrasound results from a year ago. No evidence of damage anywhere. So the
doc told me to lay off the sauce, um, exercise, at least till the symptoms
dissipate and wait for a call from the cardiologist, who will take it from
there. Now I get in line to see how the wonderful B.C medical system
operates. Thanks again.

Darn. It's such a nice day for a ride, too.

JF

Old August 17th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
zk

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
"Jim Flom" wrote in message
I have been pushing it the last few weeks. Three weeks ago on a hot day

did a 95 mile up-and-back ride of Mount Baker, WA (elev. 5140') from
Abbotsford, BC (elev. 124') and felt like I pushed it too hard. I had

some
chest pain that subsided.

This isn't funny Jim. You have to go see a cardiologist as soon as

possible.
You should NEVER experience chest pain before total exhaustion.

Jim,

Do not wait. I felt similar symptoms at the beginning of March after
surfing. Two weeks later I felt the same symtoms after playing ping pong for
a few hours. Two weeks after that, at the table tennis club, I woke up to
the paramedics and the paddles. Six jolts later I began my reovery.

Good luck.

Robert

Old August 17th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message
EKG

Did you know that the ECG was invented by Willem Einthoven, who was
also a founding member of my student rowing club?
http://www.usrtriton.nl/img/oprichters.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Next you'll be telling us that Hampsten didn't win the stage over the Gavia.

Old August 17th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jay Hill

Carl Sundquist wrote:

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message
EKG

Did you know that the ECG was invented by Willem Einthoven, who was
also a founding member of my student rowing club?
http://www.usrtriton.nl/img/oprichters.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Next you'll be telling us that Hampsten didn't win the stage over the
Gavia.

Or that he knows where there are some nice pics...
Old August 17th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Aug 17, 1:09 pm, "Jim Flom" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

JF- Hide quoted text -

After a little wait, there'll be lots more good days of riding. Glad
you went and got it checked.
Bill C

Old August 17th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 17, 10:09 am, "Jim Flom" wrote:
Thankfully, it was normal! They did an X-ray, ran blood work, and reviewed
ultrasound results from a year ago. No evidence of damage anywhere.

Good to hear. You haven't changed your stem height recently, have you?

Old August 17th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 17, 10:09 am, "Jim Flom" wrote:
Thankfully, it was normal! They did an X-ray, ran blood work, and
reviewed
ultrasound results from a year ago. No evidence of damage anywhere.

Good to hear. You haven't changed your stem height recently, have you?

Only the viscosity of my chain oil.

Old August 17th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 17, 2:48 pm, "Jim Flom" wrote:

Only the viscosity of my chain oil.

You're not supposed to drink that, you know.

Old August 17th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

wrote:
You're not supposed to drink that, you know.

He smokes it as it doesn't have the same reputed
side effects as cannabis.

Chest problem Ryck Racing 2 June 1st 07 09:01 PM
That Will Put Hair On Your Chest Nathan Racing 5 August 7th 06 06:38 PM
HRM without chest strap - available? Konstantin Shemyak Techniques 8 March 8th 06 09:53 PM
chest pains juggling_unicyclist_joe Unicycling 1 April 10th 05 10:07 PM
FS: Fox DH/Motocross Chest/shoulder armor Kristan Roberge Marketplace 0 February 23rd 05 11:38 AM