Les visiteurs [1993]

Old August 31st 11, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

Default Les visiteurs [1993]

Les visiteurs [1993] is a funny movie.

--
Michael Press
Old August 31st 11, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Michael Press a écrit profondement:

| Les visiteurs [1993] is a funny movie.

Did you see the original French version or find an English version then?

As I remember it there were only occasional lines in English.

It was not too bad a movie although I only watched it because I was a
bit of a fan of Arielle Séménoff for a while.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old August 31st 11, 09:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
Davey Crockett wrote:

Michael Press a écrit profondement:

| Les visiteurs [1993] is a funny movie.

Did you see the original French version or find an English version then?

As I remember it there were only occasional lines in English.

It was not too bad a movie although I only watched it because I was a
bit of a fan of Arielle Séménoff for a while.

French language with subtitles.

At one point Béatrice de Montmirail
describes somebody as "smart" and the subtitle gives "chic".

This is a true French farce.
The soundtrack is brilliant.
Listened to in isolation it is a cross
between a Tex Avery cartoon and John Cage.

Her Ladyship was not amused while I played
it at 0200. Later upon viewing it, Herself
attested to its charm.

--
Michael Press
Old August 31st 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Michael Press a écrit profondement:

| This is a true French farce.
| The soundtrack is brilliant.
| Listened to in isolation it is a cross
| between a Tex Avery cartoon and John Cage.

Another one I found amusing was Chabrol's "Les Biches"

In English it will probably be alternatively found as "Bad
Girls/Girlfriends/The Does"

I actually watched the German version "Zwei Freundinnen"

But nevertheless it's quite funny although I suppose technically it's a
"drama".

It's never been a great international blockbuster, but is a classic
French film about a couple of bisexual women who live with a couple of
fags and both girls eventually fall for the same guy.

(Biches does NOT translate into Bitches! - rather Girls/Chicks or Does
[female deer])

-
Angry White male jailed for Heckling Mbongo
http://usera.imagecave.com/daveycroc...794_avatar.jpg
Angry White Male's Angry White Girlfriend
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...2006/erert.jpg

--
Davey Crockett
Old September 1st 11, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
Davey Crockett wrote:

Michael Press a écrit profondement:

| This is a true French farce.
| The soundtrack is brilliant.
| Listened to in isolation it is a cross
| between a Tex Avery cartoon and John Cage.

Another one I found amusing was Chabrol's "Les Biches"

In English it will probably be alternatively found as "Bad
Girls/Girlfriends/The Does"

I actually watched the German version "Zwei Freundinnen"

But nevertheless it's quite funny although I suppose technically it's a
"drama".

It's never been a great international blockbuster, but is a classic
French film about a couple of bisexual women who live with a couple of
fags and both girls eventually fall for the same guy.

Will give it a look.

--
Michael Press