Special cycling jacket

Old November 7th 03, 07:31 PM
Bob

Default Special cycling jacket

On my cycle home this evening along the Edgware Road at the Marble Arch end
I noticed a car in front which didn't want to overtake two cyclists in the
left hand lane. The two were in single file and moving along about 13-15mph.

Now this is not normally an area where car drivers are known for their
consideration to cyclists, and they usually get quite close to you. This car
didn't want to pass them.

The only things different I could spot about our two lucky cyclists were
their blue and yellow framed bikes (not readily obvious to the driver) and
their special yellow jackets which seem to prevent cars from overtaking 1
inch from their handlebars.

Wonder if the blue panel on the back stating METROPOLITAN POLICE had
anything to do with it?

Bob.

Old November 7th 03, 07:47 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Wonder if the blue panel on the back stating METROPOLITAN POLICE had
anything to do with it?

Nah. Every cyclist knows that all motorists treat all cyclists with the utmost
courtesy and respect.

Must go, matron says it's time for my medications...

Cheers, helen s
to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old November 7th 03, 08:01 PM
Pete Biggs

Bob wrote:
Wonder if the blue panel on the back stating
METROPOLITAN POLICE had anything to do with it?

Hmm, yyees!! Now, where can I get one of those jacket with police colours
and "POLITE" written on it? Couldn't get nicked for imitating a copper
could I?

~PB

Old November 7th 03, 08:37 PM
Simon Galgut

"Pete Biggs" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
Wonder if the blue panel on the back stating
METROPOLITAN POLICE had anything to do with it?

Hmm, yyees!! Now, where can I get one of those jacket with police colours
and "POLITE" written on it? Couldn't get nicked for imitating a copper
could I?

www.niton999.co.uk

Regards
Simon

Old November 7th 03, 10:59 PM
Dave

"Pete Biggs" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
Wonder if the blue panel on the back stating
METROPOLITAN POLICE had anything to do with it?

Hmm, yyees!! Now, where can I get one of those jacket with police colours
and "POLITE" written on it? Couldn't get nicked for imitating a copper
could I?

~PB

Or better still, METROPOLITAN POLITE...if you're going to do it, do it in
style ;-)

Old November 7th 03, 11:11 PM
Tony Raven

Dave wrote:

Or better still, METROPOLITAN POLITE...if you're going to do it, do
it in style ;-)

Or if you are cycling fast how about FLYING SQUAD

Tony

Old November 8th 03, 08:21 AM
Peter B

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

Or better still, METROPOLITAN POLITE...if you're going to do it, do
it in style ;-)

Or if you are cycling fast how about FLYING SQUAD

And for those under the influence riding a tandem with a lady of ill-repute
for a stoker: VICE SQAD

Pete

Old November 8th 03, 11:30 AM
Marten Hoffmann

schreef ...
Bob wrote:
Wonder if the blue panel on the back stating
METROPOLITAN POLICE had anything to do with it?

Hmm, yyees!! Now, where can I get one of those jacket with police colours
and "POLITE" written on it? Couldn't get nicked for imitating a copper
could I?

A friend of mine used to have a Moto Guzzi motorcycle that looked like a
police issue. It had an bright orange bodywork that said:
small font Be
large font POLITE
small font in traffic

If you know that the dutch word for Police is "Politie" (mind the second
"i"), you won't be surprised to learn he got stopped by the real thing
more than once but alway got away with it ;-)

--
Regards,
Marten
Old November 9th 03, 06:50 AM
Spencer Bullen

Greetings,

Niton, quite rightly, only deliver kit with police insignia to police
station addresses, and with proof of status. Nice thought though.

T.T.F.N.

SPENNY

"Simon Galgut" wrote in message

"Pete Biggs" wrote in

message

Old November 9th 03, 01:03 PM
Pete Biggs

Spencer Bullen wrote:
Greetings,

Niton, quite rightly, only deliver kit with police insignia to police
station addresses, and with proof of status. Nice thought though.

I don't want "POLICE" anyway. "POLITE" was not a typo!

~PB