Kerry's flat tires

Old October 21st 04, 06:05 PM
dgk

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:03:24 GMT, maxo wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:38:25 -0400, dgk wrote:

The fact that anyone is voting for Bush scares me even
more.

Why do you hate America so much?

:}
Old October 21st 04, 08:21 PM
Top Sirloin

Terry Morse wrote:
Art Harris wrote:

John Kerry got two flat tires the other day, and stopped into a local
Portland, Oregon bike shop to have them repaired.

I guess it wouldn't be very presidential to be fixing flats at the
side of the road.

He fixed the first flat on the road, by himself. When he got the
second flat, he was out of spare tubes, so someone else on the ride
stepped in. ISTR that the rim tape needed replacing, which required
the trip to the LBS.

Futher trivia from the LBS trip: Kerry travels with a steel Serotta,
Campy Chorus, DuraAce pedals, Open Pro wheels.

That's a trick piece of kit for cruising the local
bike paths.

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com
Old October 21st 04, 08:22 PM
Top Sirloin

di wrote:

"Art Harris" wrote in message
m...

John Kerry got two flat tires the other day, and stopped into a local
Portland, Oregon bike shop to have them repaired.

See:
http://tinyurl.com/4s6vd

I guess it wouldn't be very presidential to be fixing flats at the
side of the road. And I suppose he doesn't carry a spare tube and pump
on these short jaunts. At least he supports the LBS!

"Harris" Poll:

Should the Secret Service carry spare wheels for these situations?

I can just see it now, a big black limo with a spare bike and wheels
strapped to the top.

Motorized vehicles aren't allowed on bike paths,
at least not any I know of.

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com
Old October 21st 04, 08:23 PM
di

Kerry seems to be a pretty genuine person who is smart and got into
politics in order to make things better.

You're kidding of course? But if not, I've got some swampland in Arizona
for sale.

Kerry is a world class liar, and an opportunists that thinks of nothing but
himself. He doesn't have an honest bone in his body.

Old October 21st 04, 08:35 PM
Larry Farrell

di wrote:
Kerry seems to be a pretty genuine person who is smart and got into
politics in order to make things better.

You're kidding of course? But if not, I've got some swampland in Arizona
for sale.

Kerry is a world class liar, and an opportunists that thinks of nothing but
himself. He doesn't have an honest bone in his body.

Stereotypical description of a politician. What else would you expect
from someone who is running for President of the United States?

--
Larry D. Farrell, Ph.D.
Professor of Microbiology

Old October 21st 04, 08:50 PM
dgk

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:23:16 -0500, "di" wrote:

Kerry seems to be a pretty genuine person who is smart and got into
politics in order to make things better.

You're kidding of course? But if not, I've got some swampland in Arizona
for sale.

Kerry is a world class liar, and an opportunists that thinks of nothing but
himself. He doesn't have an honest bone in his body.

No I'm not kidding. What has he lied about? The SwiftBoat Liars For
Lies? They're debunked by many mainstream newspapers. They've hated
Kerry since he had the guts to come back from Vietnam and tell the
country that Vietnam was a lie. It took the war's main architect,
Robert McNamara, thirty years before he said the same thing.

I'm angry at him for voting to give Bush authority to go to war. He
didn't have to do it though. For his state it was safer politically to
vote against it. He voted for $87 billion as long as some of it was
paid for by revoking the taxbreaks on HIS CLASS. He voted against his
best interests. BUSH threatened to veto it so the Senate voted on
another version that has our children pay for it. Such family values.

You want a lying piece of ****, Vote Bush.

Old October 21st 04, 08:54 PM
di

Stereotypical description of a politician. What else would you expect
from someone who is running for President of the United States?

I would like to "expect" more, but think you are 100% correct.
Unfortunately it's not only those that are running for President that fit
the description, but most politicians regardless what office they seek.
I've always thought we should have a law that requires a politician to
automatically spend a term in jail for every 2 terms in office. :).
(joking of course, but an accurate view of my opinion of politicians)

Old October 21st 04, 09:00 PM
David L. Johnson

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:03:24 +0000, maxo wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:38:25 -0400, dgk wrote:

The fact that anyone is voting for Bush scares me even more.

Why do you hate America so much?

Such is the state of political discourse in this country.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | You will say Christ saith this and the apostles say this; but
_`\(,_ | what canst thou say? -- George Fox.
(_)/ (_) |

Old October 21st 04, 09:05 PM
David L. Johnson

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:25:55 +0000, maxo wrote:

I bet he's running 20s at 120 psi on that Serotta--I'd be more likely to
vote for a guy running at least 25s considering his stature, with kevlar
belts.

I'd take that bet. I would doubt that he's using 20s. 23s, maybe,
although at his size 25s would be a lot more sane. Kevlar belts don't do
that much, though. Anything pointed will go right through the belt, since
it is fabric.

Fixing the flat would indeed impress me, but only if he patched the
tube, not replaced it. Symbolism dontcha know.

I try to never have to patch a tube on the road. I carry two, plus a
folding tire. Patching isn't always possible, especially when it's
raining.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | "What am I on? I'm on my bike, six hours a day, busting my ass.
_`\(,_ | What are you on?" --Lance Armstrong
(_)/ (_) |

Old October 21st 04, 09:51 PM
maxo

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:00:23 -0400, David L. Johnson wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:03:24 +0000, maxo wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:38:25 -0400, dgk wrote:

The fact that anyone is voting for Bush scares me even more.

Why do you hate America so much?

Such is the state of political discourse in this country.

LOL, I posted that with tongue firmly in cheek.

Q: Did W. fulfill his National Guard duties?

A: Why do you hate America so much?

See, it just makes everything easier.

:/