Problem with New Bike's Horoscope

Old October 25th 04, 08:52 PM
the.Mark

Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

Moreover, my own natal chart makes everything worse. An exact
Pluto-Saturn square in the Third and Sixth houses suggests
danger from transport or some kind of incapacitation of
mobility or neurological deterioration. I live with that all
the time - it is one reason I have to get over so much fear in
relation to bikes and scooters - but whether I bike or not has
no effect on the symbolism. I could be run over on the
sidewalk or develop rheumatoid arthritis. What upsets me
especially is the combination of symbolisms on my nativity and
Flyzipper's.

I've always wondered how astrologers cope when new planets are discovered
and considering the relative size of pluto and its distance from Earth how
come they don't take all the asteroids and other minor bodies into account?
--
Mark

1x1 wheel, 3x2 wheels & 1x3 wheels.

Old October 25th 04, 10:12 PM
Duncan Gray

"the.Mark" wrote in message

I've always wondered how astrologers cope when new planets are discovered
and considering the relative size of pluto and its distance from Earth how
come they don't take all the asteroids and other minor bodies into

account?

Astrology was disproved on 13th October 1925.
Maggie Thatcher and Lenny Bruce were both born that day!

Old October 25th 04, 10:42 PM
James Annan

Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

I don't suppose anyone else has this kind of problem. But if it does
mean something to you, when would you consider your bike "born"?

I think you need professional help not a newsgroup!

James
by treading on the toes of giants.
Old October 25th 04, 11:24 PM
Diablo Scott

Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

But if it does
mean something to you, when would you consider your bike "born"?

EFR
Ile de France

It wasn't completely built yet, but when I spun the front wheel and the
computer display registered the motion... it was a lot like a first
heartbeat.

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/
Old October 26th 04, 12:15 AM
Pete

"Elisa Francesca Roselli" wrote

I also mentioned that I was going to buy a Dahon folding bike of the
model Impulse P21. Well, I did it. Lovely little bike arrived today and
is sitting, still packed in its box, next to my desk.

I was hoping it would arrive today or tomorrow because the transiting
planets are quite well-placed in relation to my own natal chart.
However, there are two factors, the Moon placement and the
Ascendant/House Cusps, which depend on the _exact_ time and place of
birth and cannot be estimated just on the basis of the day.

I signed the delivery note for Flyzipper, for such is his name, at 11:55
am, and am taking that as the time of his "birth".

Flyzipper, just as with a child, is NOT born until he comes out of the box.
(figuratively and literally)

Unlike most children, though, you have the good fortune to be able to choose
the day.

Pete

Old October 26th 04, 01:14 AM
Badger_South

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 06:42:12 +0900, James Annan
wrote:

Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

I don't suppose anyone else has this kind of problem. But if it does
mean something to you, when would you consider your bike "born"?

I think you need professional help not a newsgroup!

James

We are TOO a newsgroup. It says it right above you

"rec.bitchcycles.misc.anthrope"

-B
humph!

Old October 26th 04, 03:33 AM
Rich

Tumbleweed wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

"Elisa Francesca Roselli" wrote in message

But was Flyzipper really "born" when I signed the delivery note? It was
easy with Myrtille and Behemoth, since they were taken home from the
place I bought them and the birth time is simply the date-time stamp on
the sales slip.

You're OK. The aluminium, iron, carbon and whatever other atoms make up
your bike were born in a supernova around 5 billion years ago, before
Saturn and Pluto existed. So no planets were around for these elements to
have a horoscope. Same goes for us humans as well, I suppose.
--
Simon

I thought it was only the elements heavier than iron, whilst and those below
iron were in fact created in the star which then supernova'd,and thus you
can probably add a billion or two years onto that? /pedant

You fools! We were all created by God 5 million years ago. He/She just
made it look like the univers is billions of years old. Believe....

Old October 26th 04, 03:45 AM
Badger_South

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:15:48 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

"Elisa Francesca Roselli" wrote

I also mentioned that I was going to buy a Dahon folding bike of the
model Impulse P21. Well, I did it. Lovely little bike arrived today and
is sitting, still packed in its box, next to my desk.

I was hoping it would arrive today or tomorrow because the transiting
planets are quite well-placed in relation to my own natal chart.
However, there are two factors, the Moon placement and the
Ascendant/House Cusps, which depend on the _exact_ time and place of
birth and cannot be estimated just on the basis of the day.

I signed the delivery note for Flyzipper, for such is his name, at 11:55
am, and am taking that as the time of his "birth".

Flyzipper, just as with a child, is NOT born until he comes out of the box.
(figuratively and literally)

Pete

Picturing...a bicycle with an 'egg tooth'...lol.

-B

Old October 26th 04, 06:26 AM
Sam

Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote in message ...
OK, I am a Very Superstitious Person. Especially as relates to all
things bike because this is an area like love, gambling and sea-voyages,
fraught with uncertainty, hazard and fear, and in the hands of
capricious gods...

I was in tears reading this. Tears of frustration. This is exactly the
kind of thread I want... oh well. Someday.

Sam
---
http://www.freewheelingforum.com
Old October 26th 04, 06:42 AM
vernon levy

I don't suppose anyone else has this kind of problem. But if it does
mean something to you, when would you consider your bike "born"?

EFR
Ile de France

Have you asked your psychiatrist?

I have mulitple personalities and all of them hate work :-)

Vernon(s)

Where are the inexpensive steel bikes? Werehatrack Techniques 32 June 24th 04 05:04 PM
Why are bikes such a problem on airlines? Janet Rides 18 March 25th 04 01:51 AM
Mutant Road Bikes Dave Mayer General 29 March 12th 04 06:48 AM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 01:16 PM
£40,000 of Giant bikes stolen -Little Tricycle Pink Pink 10" David L Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 03 11:06 PM